Senior Credit Solutions Manager – Commercial Banking (East Montreal)
City : Montreal-est, QC, CA, H1M3M2
Category : Manager
Industry : Finance
Employer : Scotiabank
Requisition ID: 169465
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture.
Senior Credit Solutions Manager - Role in East Montreal!
The Senior Credit Solutions Manager (Sr. CSM) is responsible for contributing to the profitable growth and quality of the Bank’s Corporate & Commercial Credit portfolio by performing financial solutions -related activities for clients including risk analysis, deal structuring, pricing, negotiation and presentation on complex deals in concert with the Senior Client Relationship Manager.
The Sr. CSM is responsible for all deal structuring, negotiation and final decisions on pricing within his/her defined portfolio. The incumbent interfaces directly with clients at times, in partnership with the Senior Client Relationship Manager.
The Sr. CSM liaises with Credit / Global Risk Management through the credit decision-making process and ensures all activities are conducted in compliance with governing regulations, internal policies and procedures.
Is This Role Right for You? In this role, you will:
• Champion a customer focused culture to deepen client relationships and leverage broader Bank relationships, systems and knowledge.
• Contribute to the profitable development of Commercial Credit business
• Ensure the accurate communication of the terms and conditions of an authorization and supervises the effective and timely implementation of same
• Ensure the ongoing quality of the assigned credit portfolio through control and administration of the specific conditions and reporting requirements as specified in individual authorizations are adhered to
• Safeguard the Bank’s assets and liabilities
• Execute the Branch Compliance responsibilities as reflected in the Branch Services and Procedures Manual
• Build a high performance environment and implement a people strategy that attracts, retains, develops and motivates their team
• Foster an inclusive work environment; communicating vison/values/business strategy and managing succession and development planning for the team.
• Understand how the Bank’s risk appetite and risk culture should be considered in day-to-day activities and decisions.
• Actively pursue effective and efficient operations of his/her respective areas in accordance with Scotiabank’s Values, its Code of Conduct and the Global Sales Principles, while ensuring the adequacy, adherence to and effectiveness of day-to-day business controls to meet obligations with respect to operational, compliance, AML/ATF/sanctions and conduct risk.
• Champion a high performance environment and contribute to an inclusive work environment.
Skills that will enable you to succeed in this role:
• 3 years of commercial banking experience
• Undergraduate degree in business or economics or finance or work equivalency
• Strong knowledge of the corporate & commercial banking marketplace
• Detailed knowledge of the assigned market area’s key prospects, major companies and competitive positioning within the assigned market area
• Very strong understanding of the Corporate & Commercial Bank’s objectives, strategies, structure, as well as its lending and deposit products and services
• Strong PC skills are necessary, including a working knowledge of MS Word, Excel, Power Point and all commercial systems and platforms
• Other training requirements as determined by the Bank from time to time
• Strong credit skills and credit experience
• Strong risk assessment, analysis and deal-structuring skills
• Good coaching, interpersonal and teamwork skills
• Good understanding of customer profitability model
• Ability to build solid business case justification for deals
• Strong negotiation skills, and sales/closing capabilities
Pursuant to a language needs assessment conducted by Scotiabank, the successful candidate will be required to be able to communicate in English in addition to French because they will be required to work closely with other groups from head office who operate primarily in English, they will report to a manager from head office who is an English speaker, and/or they will serve and English-speaking clientele.
Location(s): Canada : Quebec : Montreal-est || Canada : Quebec : Montreal
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.