Senior Credit Analyst – Equipment
City : Toronto, ON, CA, M5V 2W6
Category : See posting
Industry : Financial Services
Employer : Coast Capital
Location: Toronto, Calgary, Vancouver
Job Type: Full Time
myWork Options: Remote
What's the job?
As the Senior Credit Analyst, you will be accountable for analyzing credit submissions from the direct or Indirect sales group and other channels as requested, primarily focusing on complex submissions due to Exposure, Asset Type, and Applicant's Industry. They will leverage their knowledge and experience in equipment leasing to exercise good judgment in providing approvals for qualified loans/leases within assigned lending limits and according to Coast Capital Auto Equipment Finance (AEF) Policy and Procedures. They will also review credit submissions prepared by Credit Analysts above the Credit Analyst's underwriting authority for completeness, compliance with Policy, and overall recommendation. Further, they will assist with developing and delivering the equipment loan/lease training process, including systems training. The Senior Credit Analyst will resource Auto Equipment Finance concerning credit policies and procedures.
What you'll get to do:
- Effectively communicates credit decisions to applicable staff clearly, concisely and respectfully.
- Maintains regular contact and a reciprocal relationship on behalf of the AEF with various outside agencies and related offices (e.g., Law Firms, Brokers, other Credit Unions, etc.).
- Provides timely and accurate application adjudication as detailed in AEF Policy and Procedures.
- Responsible for identifying and referring opportunities for additional business to partners within CCS while maintaining a credit culture of balancing risk with reward.
- Review the credit adjudication of AEF Credit Analysts outside the Analysts' credit authority for completeness, compliance with AEF Policies and Procedures, and the overall recommendation on the submission.
- Possess approval authority towards the satisfaction of Credit Conditions on Approvals within their lending authority limit.
- Lending limits up to $1,000,000.00, depending on experience level and aptitude.
- Review Applications and supporting documentation within AEF's Fraud Risk Management Guidelines, identifying situations where fraudulent and money laundering activities are potentially occurring, and forwarding concerns to Senior Management and CCS Fraud Management.
- Possess approval authority on exceptions to AEF Policy/Procedures related to the Credit Adjudication of a submission delivered from AEF Credit Analysts.
- Conducts credit adjudication on Credit Submissions from both the Direct and Indirect sales groups, completing the review based on assigned lending limits and according to AEF Policy and procedures.
- Completes the Credit Review package, including the proposed financing structure with recommendation for approval, within Group Risk Management, where the aggregate total exposure exceeds $1,500,000.
- Participate in a variety of projects which impact the Credit Group.
- Contribute to the ongoing review of AEF credit policies and procedures, including Credit Appetite relating to Industry, Asset, and Geography.
- Assist in developing and delivering equipment loan/lease training for new members to the Credit Group, including systems training.
Who You Are:
- You have a minimum of 5 – 7 Years of Experience in Credit Adjudication (retail and commercial reviews), with preference given to applicants with at least 2 years of current experience in the equipment finance industry.
- High School Diploma plus completion of a Diploma Program (two years of formal education or equivalent).
- Preference is given to those with a degree or professional designation in a related field—completing all in-house commercial /equipment Lending courses or equivalent work experience.
- Proficient in Microsoft Outlook, Word, and Excel.
- Working knowledge of presentation equipment and software.
- Advanced financial services background.
- Expert knowledge of all aspects and functions of equipment industry lease/ lending products, policies and procedures.
- Expert knowledge in various matters that impact Credit Evaluation, including the assets being reviewed and their values, the industries financed, the work programs within those industries, and the general economic conditions within Canada.
- Advanced knowledge of Financial Statements and advanced ability to discern and understand the information.
- Sound knowledge of AEF's Credit Appetite and Approved Asset Listing.
- Advanced knowledge of risk management as it relates to credit underwriting.
- Expert interpersonal skills and a demonstrated ability to communicate effectively in both oral and written form.
- Willingness to work on a team in a busy, ever-changing, and occasionally stressful environment.
- Advanced organizational and time management abilities.
Equity, Diversity & Inclusion at Coast Capital
Don’t meet every single requirement? At Coast Capital, we believe everyone has potential. We are committed to building better, brighter, more inclusive futures for everyone – including our employees. We see the potential in our employees to achieve amazing things and want to invest in your future. If you’re excited about this career opportunity and your experience may not perfectly align with every qualification in this job posting, we still encourage you to apply. You may be just the right candidate for this or other opportunities at Coast Capital.
At Coast Capital, we are committed to equity, diversity and inclusion. We strongly encourage applications from Indigenous Peoples, Black, and racialized persons, persons with disabilities, people of diverse sexual and gender identities and women. We value applicants who have demonstrated a commitment to equity, diversity and inclusion and recognize that diverse perspectives, experiences and expertise benefit of our employees, our members, and our community.
We strive to provide an accessible candidate experience for our candidates with different abilities. If you require any accommodations, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. We will work with you to meet your needs.