Senior Coordinator, HR Business Partnering
City : Brampton, Ontario
Category : Full time
Industry : Human Resources
Employer : Shoppers Drug Mart®
Referred applicants should not apply directly to this role.
All referred applicants must first be submitted through Workday by a current Loblaw Colleague.
Come make your difference in communities across Canada, where authenticity, trust and making connections is valued – as we shape the future of Canadian retail, together. Our unique position as one of the country's largest employers, coupled with our commitment to positively impact the lives of all Canadians, provides our colleagues a range of opportunities and experiences to help Canadians Live Life Well®.
At Loblaw Companies Limited, we succeed through collaboration and commitment and set a high bar for ourselves and those around us. Whether you are just starting your career, re-entering the workforce, or looking for a new job, this is where you belong.
SR. HR Coordinator – Liquor, Optical & COE Services
What You'll Do:
- Front line representative for colleague’s questions or concerns in assigned client groups.
- Support the roll out of various HR programs/initiatives (ie. assessments, culture, colleague engagement survey and HRIS program).
- Provide guidance, direction and support to the client group in employee relations issues, including company policies & procedures, recruitment & selection strategy, performance management, job evaluations, terminations, training & development and benefits administration.
- Day to day partner with client group to provide advice and counsel to colleagues on HR related issues and concerns.
- Provides guidance, direction and advice to the client regarding employment related issues including but not limited to the interpretation of company policies & procedures, recruitment, training & development and benefits administration.
- Resolve sensitive colleague issues. Research answers and make inquiries of HR related issues.
- Compile data for compensation recommendations and partner with the compensation group to manage the administration for the annual incentive and merit review process for the client.
- Ensure legal compliance by monitoring and implementing applicable HR federal and provincial requirements; conducting investigations; maintaining records and representing the organization at hearings.
- Contribute to continuous improvements & best practices to influence human resources strategies.
- Resolve necessary payroll inquiries as required.
- Assist Director and HRBPs with research, analysis and implementation of programs, reports and projects as required.
What You'll Need:
- Post-secondary education preferably in Human Resources and obtained (or working towards) HR Management Certification.
- 3 – 5 years progressive HR experience, coordinating departmental programs and initiatives is a definite asset.
- Ability to interact with all levels of the organization.
- Strong integrity with ability to maintain confidentiality and manage highly sensitive information.
- Solid computer skills required in MS Office (Excel, Word, Power Point, Outlook).
- Exceptional interpersonal, communication (written and verbal) and problem solving skills.
- Customer focused and able to nurture positive customer relationships.
- Highly organized and has a high degree of attention to detail.
- Strong analytical skills and superior ability to problem-solve.
- Exceptional commitment to customer service with strong sense of urgency.
- Highly motivated, self-starter, requiring little direction.
- Travel is required to office locations
Our commitment to Sustainability and Social Impact is an essential part of the way we do business, and we focus our attention on areas where we can have the greatest impact. Our approach to sustainability and social impact is based on three pillars – Environment, Sourcing and Community – and we are constantly looking for ways to demonstrate leadership in these important areas. Our CORE Values – Care, Ownership, Respect and Excellence – guide all our decision-making and come to life through our Blue Culture. We offer our colleagues progressive careers, comprehensive training, flexibility, and other competitive benefits – these are some of the many reasons why we are one of Canada’s Top Employers, Canada’s Best Diversity Employers, Canada’s Greenest Employers & Canada’s Top Employers for Young People.
If you are unsure whether your experience matches every requirement above, we encourage you to apply anyway. We are looking for varied perspectives which include diverse experiences that we can add to our team.
We have a long-standing focus on diversity, equity and inclusion because we know it will make our company a better place to work and shop. We are committed to creating accessible environments for our colleagues, candidates and customers. Requests for accommodation due to a disability (which may be visible or invisible, temporary or permanent) can be made at any stage of application and employment. We encourage candidates to make their accommodation needs known so that we can provide equitable opportunities.
Candidates who are 18 years or older are required to complete a criminal background check. Details will be provided through the application process.