Senior Coordinator, Events Management
City : Ottawa
Category : Regular Full Time
Industry : Education
Employer : University of Ottawa
The University of Ottawa—A crossroads of cultures and ideas
The University of Ottawa is home to a dynamic community of over 50,000 students, faculty and staff, who live, work and study in both French and English. Our campus is a crossroad of cultures and ideas, where bold minds come together to inspire game-changing ideas. We believe in the power of representation, and that increasing the diversity of our faculty and staff supports this objective. Our goal is to provide students with the best possible learning experience, in an environment that reflects the diversity of its people, their ideas, and their identities.
We are one of Canada’s top 10 research universities—our professors and researchers explore new approaches to today’s challenges. One of a handful of Canadian universities ranked among the top 200 in the world, we attract exceptional thinkers and welcome diverse perspectives from across the globe. Our employees come together around the shared purpose of constant improvement, personal development, service excellence, teamwork and a passion for learning with a desire to make uOttawa and the world a better place. Everyone's contributions are valued, we all play a part in making uOttawa a world-class institution. Most importantly, we make it possible for you to achieve your full potential. Because at uOttawa, you belong!
With the overall objective of increasing alumni engagement, the coordinator is responsible for providing event support and overall project coordination for the Alumni Relations and Annual Campaign Office. The senior coordinator actively supports the Manager, Alumni Loyalty in the development, coordination, execution and evaluation of various activities, projects and events delivered by the Office
In this role, your responsibilities will include:
- Coordinates events and programs that engage alumni and support Alumni Relations and Annual Campaign initiatives and enhance relationships between the University and its community of alumni and donors.
- Coordinates all the logistics surrounding events such as room reservations, rentals, catering services, etc. Supervises the running of these events and remains available to resolve any problems that may arise. Optimizes resources spent on events and prepares reconciliation of expense statements for alumni programming in order to ensure activities are delivered on time and within budget.
- Coordinates the promotion and online registration process for Alumni Relations and Annual Giving events with the objective to increase alumni awareness and participation.
- Supports Alumni Relations and Annual Campaign in an administrative capacity, including coordinating all travel arrangements, reimbursements, writing event briefings, compiling and preparing alumni reports, and other administrative duties as needed with the objective to ensure efficient and smooth coordination of activities.
Liaison with stakeholders:
- Develops and maintains strong relationships with alumni and donor representatives in faculties and services and provides them with communications and event support, when required.
- With the objective to increase alumni engagement and a sense of belonging to the alumni community, drafts bilingual content for social media platforms (Twitter, Instagram, Facebook and Linkedin) and other various communication mediums (web, e-vites, print, etc.).
- Responsible for posting approved content on all social media platforms (Twitter, Instagram, Facebook and Linkedin). Promotes alumni and uOttawa successes and stories, events, alumni benefits, etc.
- Maintains and updates the Alumni Relations website in collaboration with the Manager, Alumni Loyalty and various other members of the Alumni Relations team.
What you will bring:
- Post-secondary degree in event management, communications, or public relations, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Three to five years experience in event planning or communications
- Proven experience in project coordination
- Proven experience working with a variety of stakeholders as well as many teams