Senior Coordinator, Data Quality
City : Ottawa
Industry : Materials & Construction
Employer : Stantec
Senior Coordinator, Data Quality - ( 230000RY )
Grow with the best. Join a smart, creative, and inspired team that works to support operational excellence. The Stantec community unites more than 26,000 employees working in over 400 locations across 6 continents. Our Functional Services Team includes Corporate Development, Finance, HR, HSSE, IT, Legal, Marketing/Communications, Business Experience (BX), Practice Services and Real Estate and Procurement. Bringing together individuals with diverse backgrounds, talents, and expertise, our FSTs are vital to making our Company stronger. Explore opportunities in Human Resources.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Data Coordinator to join our passionate, collaborative, and results-driven team with a focus on data analytics and quality assurance. This position can be based anywhere in Canada, offering a flexible work arrangement – in office, hybrid or remote.
This role will be part of the HR Service Center/Data Management team whose primary focus is maintaining accurate employee data within our HR Systems. This position partners closely with internal HR and Functional Shared Services partners throughout the organization, including North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, to ensure quality of data is maintained within our systems and effective processes are in place and followed. You will work with technological tools to provide thorough data analysis and assistance in compliance assessments.
The ideal candidate is comfortable in a fast-paced environment and enjoys working with a variety of individuals across all levels of the organization in a multi-office/location organization in different time zones. This position is ideal for a self-motivated individual with a passion for HR systems and data coordination. Join our collaborative team and play an important role in ensuring the integrity of our HR data.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Support and coordinate off-cycle data projects, including mass data loads and audits, data clean-up projects, year-end/period-end activities, etc.
- Collect, review, compile and report data from various sources, including our core systems (HRIS, SCSM, reporting dashboards, applicant tracking system, etc.), to respond to data requests and/or to identify inefficiencies and help streamline processes to support the day-to-day operations
- Design, build, and deliver reports and tools that enables the function to manage the work effectively, and monitor and analyze trends in employee data and our workflows
- Developing and implementing new processes and systems for efficient Data management practices
- Optimizing HRIS processes, integrating new software, and performing diagnostic tests in collaboration with the technical team
- Perform regular quantitative and qualitative analysis to prepare data visualization, per request(s)
- Audit data maintained in HRIS and reconcile irregularities on a regular basis
- Prepare data/pull reports for ad-hoc requests or projects
- Support in the review of data management practices and internal team data scorecards to ensure quality control and consistent practices
- Partner and collaborate with HR, IT, Payroll teams to resolve technical issues
- Participate in system enhancements, including testing and implementation
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Strong understanding and experience working with Oracle and/or other HRIS systems
- Advanced analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate large data sets with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Proficient with Microsoft office suite, including advanced skill using Excel and working with macros and possesses competent computer skills
- Process improvement-oriented
- Confident professional with high integrity, research, organizational and time management skills
- Flexible and proactive problem solver adept at achieving results in a collaborative environment, but also able to function effectively working independently
- Demonstrated success in a dynamic, frequently changing, and fast paced environment, with a strong client focus
- Ability to build relationships and partner successfully across teams
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge of OBIEE, and HCM Reporting
Education and Experience
- Degree or Diploma in a field of study related to analytics, technology, or business
- 3-5 years of related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and related experience in data analytics, technology or applications.
- Proficiency in HRIS software’s, Oracle EBS /BI tools is an asset.
- Certifications in Big Data Hadoop, Data Management and Analytics, Business Intelligence is desirable
- Experience within the human resources field is an asset
Typical office environment working with computers and remaining sedentary for long periods of time.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other’s talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Primary Location : Canada-Ontario-Toronto
Other Locations : Canada-Alberta-Calgary, Canada-Ontario-Ottawa, Canada-Alberta-Edmonton, Canada-Quebec-Montréal, Canada-Ontario-Waterloo
Organization : BC-1307 Human Resources-Service Center-Canada
Employee Status : Regular
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Travel : No
Schedule : Full-time
Job Posting : Feb 15, 2023, 8:18:23 AM
Req ID: 230000RY
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans