Senior Consultant, Technology, Operations Mergers & Acquisitions
City : Toronto
Category : Advisory
Industry : Finance
Employer : KPMG
At KPMG, you’ll join a team of diverse and dedicated problem solvers, connected by a common cause: turning insight into opportunity for clients and communities around the world.
KPMG's Operations Mergers & Acquisition (M&A) team helps companies deliver value from mergers and acquisitions throughout the deal lifecycle. We specialize in advisory for pre-deal due diligence and carve-outs, as well as post-merger integrations. We work with management to assess the impacts of transactions, perform assessment to identify value, and develop detailed implementation plans to help ensure the strategic rationale of the acquisition or divestment is delivered. Our clients, include publicly, privately, and private-equity held companies across a variety of industries.
Technology M&A services support our corporate and private equity clients in the understanding and use of technology as a lever within transactions, in order to provide a competitive bid advantage, increase deal value, minimize future operating costs or to provide greater integrity during a transition. The team advises clients across various areas of IT, including applications, infrastructure, and cyber security, with a focus on Financial Services, Insurance, Healthcare, Mining, Construction, and Manufacturing industries.
Learn more about KPMG’s Operations M&A practice here.
Are you a talented individual with a proven track record on executing project deliverables?
Our Technology M&A team in Toronto is looking for a professional like you with the skills and drive to make a real difference.
As a Senior Consultant you will work as part of a collaborative team to help our clients solve some of their most difficult problems.
What you will do
- Deliver Technology M&A engagements, by working with the team to execute Technology/IT deliverables
- Technology/IT Due Diligence for buy and sell-side transactions
- Technology/IT Separation planning for sell-side divestments/carve-outs
- Value creation and rapid assessments pre/post deal across industries and technology domains, including cyber, data, systems, infrastructure, technology product development, and technology governance
- Technology/IT Synergy planning and Integration for buy-side mergers/acquisitions, including Day 1 and Day 100 support
- Support Business Development activities both internally and externally with Private Equity and Corporate clients
- Interact and communicate effectively with senior client executives, including Chief Financial Officers, Chief Operating Officers, Chief Information/Technology Officers/IT Directors and work closely with senior client teams
- Contribute to practice development through contributing to the development of methodologies, thought leadership, and service offerings
What you bring to the role
- Experience and passion in Corporate Technology - broad exposure across the IT landscape or depth in a specific area is favourable (ERP and Data Migrations, IT Infrastructure, Enterprise Applications, Cyber Security)
- Technology consulting experience through external or internal technology transformation programs, such as ERP and data modernization, digital transformation, cloud migration, etc.
- Experience in identifying business issues and priorities, analyzing technical problems for the consumption of business leaders, managing and executing projects, and delivering results-based deliverables
- Demonstrated relevant professional experience with exposure to Mergers and Acquisition in a Consulting, Corporate, or Private Equity environment is an asset
- MBA or equivalent qualification is an asset
- Leadership experience in an individual contributor capacity or team setting is an asset
- Solid business acumen, including financial literacy
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Skilled in building effective working relationships
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision as well as part of a team
- Willingness and ability to travel nationally / internationally as required
Keys to your success:
KPMG individuals Deliver Impact | Seek Growth | Inspire Trust and understand that a diverse workforce enables us to deepen relationships and strengthen our business.
Providing you with the support you need to be at your best
For more information about KPMG in Canada’s Benefits and well-being, click here.
Our Values, The KPMG Way
Integrity, we do what is right | Excellence, we never stop learning and improving | Courage, we think and act boldly | Together, we respect each other and draw strength from our differences | For Better, we do what matters
KPMG in Canada is a proud equal opportunities employer and we are committed to creating a respectful, inclusive and barrier-free workplace that allows all of our people to reach their full potential. A diverse workforce is key to our success and we believe in bringing your whole self to work. We welcome all qualified candidates to apply and hope you will choose KPMG in Canada as your employer of choice. For more information about Inclusion, Diversity & Equity in Recruitment, please click here.
If you have a question about accessible employment at KPMG, or to begin a confidential conversation about your individual accessibility or accommodation needs through the recruitment process, we encourage you to visit our accessibility page.