Senior Consultant, Practice Management
City : Toronto, ON, CA, M5H1H1
Category : General Strategy Consultants
Industry : Financial Services/Banking
Employer : Scotiabank
Requisition ID: 190267
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture.
Reporting to the Director, Practice Management in the Practice Excellence group within Scotia Wealth Management Client Solutions, the incumbent is accountable for coaching and consulting with internal advisory teams in an assigned region across all Scotia Wealth Management (SWM) business lines, capturing, communicating, and coaching to the wealth management industry’s best practices – both internally and externally. The main objective of this role is to execute on a robust practice management framework and strategy, supporting the growth and productivity of advisory teams and in-field leaders (Wealth distribution) across Scotia Wealth Management.
The incumbent will be located in Ontario, supporting advisory teams located in Scotia Wealth Management offices across an assigned region.
The Practice Excellence group is focused on enabling advice, sales, and service effectiveness by aligning Scotia Wealth Management strategic priorities to activities that elevate both the advisor team and client experience and achieve the following:
- build strong, sustainable growth-focused businesses
- develop and maintain strong partnerships through ongoing analytics, development programs, coaching and training, and
- provide an exceptional Total Wealth experience for clients.
The success of the Practice Management team within Practice Excellence is considered critical to meeting the growth objectives for SWM.
Practice Management to in-field leadership and advisory teams across SWM
- The role will provide effective productivity coaching and will be expected to leverage the expertise of the Wealth partners, specialists, applications, tools, resources, and their own professional experience to make improvements on the key areas of focus in practice management: talent, growth, efficiencies, team and risk management and the consistent delivery of enriched wealth advice.
- Act as a resource and highly respected subject matter expert to the SWM business lines in consulting with advisory teams and sharing best practices. This would include conducting gap analyses, assessing in-field team business practices to identify improvement and growth opportunities, informing action / business plans, and supporting teams in overcoming barriers to change and monitoring for results.
- Supports the design, delivery, and execution of practice management initiatives within SWM and will be expected to develop and lead formal development programs, small group facilitations, elearning methods, and individualized consultations delivered by internal and external resources.
- Source, capture and stay abreast of the external market conditions, industry best practices and sales management techniques to be able to apply these in consulting engagements.
- Works closely with SWM leadership, Scotiabank partners, specialists, and the entire Client Solutions group to align with the Total Wealth Strategy and business-line specific strategic objectives; keeping leaders well-informed of in-field practice management progress and trends.
- Proactively develop strategic partnerships to become a trusted partner across SWM. Working with the business lines, subject matter experts, and other stakeholders to develop, implement, and evaluate solutions to business-specific practice management needs and ensure common emerging trends and issues are addressed.
Consulting & Coaching
- Use feedback / results of coaching & consulting to continually update Practice Management best practices.
- Guide advisor/relationship manager teams through the practice management process, assisting them to navigate challenges, attain buy-in, and achieve goals.
- Facilitate and coach advisor teams/relationship managers and leadership through coaching programs and engagements.
- Proactively encourage collaboration, build trust and inclusion, and work to establish effective relationships both inside and outside of the organization.
Communication & Leadership
- Supports advisors, relationship managers and leadership by demonstrating an understanding of their business, industry best practices and a thorough knowledge of the competitive landscape.
- Develop and share ongoing best practices, sales, marketing and business development ideas and strategies with advisors, relationship managers and leadership teams.
- Create and deliver presentations on practice management topics.
- Use internal reporting as a tool to coach advisors and leaders on their identified personal and professional development opportunities.
- Work with other members of Practice Excellence, Client Solutions, SWM leadership and key partners to assist in-field teams to achieving agreed upon/stated goals and outcomes.
Education / Experience / Other Information
- University education or equivalent
- Certification as a coach and/or ICF accredited, a strong asset
- Experienced in facilitation, consulting/coaching principles, ability to influence others by using awareness of others’ needs and concern
- 10+ years wealth management industry experience, notably in the brokerage industry, including sales management & administration, branch operations, financial planning, investment advisory processes, products, specialist resources (“Team of Experts”), new business development and sales, client service and relationship management, sales support, etc.
- Ability to work independently and within a team to deliver achieved required objectives, within the Bank and regulatory requirements
- Fluent written and verbal communication skills in English are required and bilingual skills in French are an asset
- Building and maintaining strategic relationships and networks with internal and external professionals to continually improve upon the effectiveness of practice management
- Work in a standard office-based environment; non-standard hours are a common occurrence. Moderate travel domestically may be required.
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto || Canada : Alberta : Calgary || Canada : British Columbia : Vancouver || Canada : Manitoba : Winnipeg || Canada : Ontario : Ottawa
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.