Senior Consultant/ Manager, SAP – Functional Lead
City : Toronto
Category : Advisory
Industry : Finance
Employer : KPMG
You’ve got big plans. We have opportunities to match, and we’re committed to empowering you to become a better you, no matter what you do.
When you join KPMG you’ll be one of over 227,000 professionals providing audit, tax, advisory and business enablement services across 146 countries.
With the support to do things differently, grow personally and professionally and bring your whole self to work, there’s no limit to the impact you can make. Let’s do this.
KPMG’s Technology Consulting Advisory Practice strives to deliver business benefits from a broad range of technologies, helping our clients develop high-performing IT functions and leverage investments in current systems to deliver significant business value.
Our skills in IT strategy and systems implementation help clients execute their transformation strategies with the technology best suited to their business, data, and information requirements.
We are seeking a Senior Consultant or a Manager to join our dynamic team. In this role you will be responsible for contributing to business development and practice growth activities, plan and manage multiple client engagements, and lead the day-to-day operation and execution of services in this team. You will play a key role in delivering high quality analysis and insights across a breadth of business.
The SAP Functional Lead will play a pivotal role in comprehensively assessing current legacy systems, understanding their intricacies, and formulating a robust strategy for data migration and system integration as part of our client’s S/4HANA implementation initiative. This role requires a deep understanding of legacy systems, exceptional analytical skills, and the ability to collaborate across departments to drive successful outcomes.
What you will do
- Use your business smarts to kick-start transformation programs, whether domain- or platform-led
- Work with the client functional lead in managing functional consultant & business analysts.
- Conduct a detailed analysis of existing legacy systems to identify data structures, dependencies, and integration points.
- Lead the mapping of data from legacy systems to the new S/4HANA environment, ensuring accuracy and completeness.
- Develop transformation strategies to align legacy data with S/4HANA data models and standards.
- Collaborate with business stakeholders to understand current business processes and requirements.
- Show clients how they can use SAP related solutions to solve their business problems
- Work closely with the integration team to define a comprehensive strategy for connecting legacy systems with S/4HANA modules.
- Identify opportunities for process optimization and automation during the integration phase.
- Work in a team where you wear lots of hats – interacting with clients, managing workstreams, collaborating with other teams – and where you may need to be in charge
- Interact with all workstreams – technical, reports, conversion, change management, project management and more
- Check business requirements to find configuration solutions
- Keep a record of requirements, solutions and impacts, alternatives and final decisions
- Coordinate the design, managing and maintaining a repeatable data load and migration process for SAP implementations
- Support the development of proposals, contribute to business development activities, and support internal and external marketing events.
- Support internal KPMG data related project opportunity identification and prioritization, including definition of target state processes and assessment of business benefits.
- Collaborate with highly skilled KPMG and client teams to deliver and implement SAP technology solutions including the design, build, test and deploy stages.
- Support the development and submission of proposals and bid documents.
What you bring to the role
- University Degree in Business or IT related discipline;
- 10+ years in SAP related implementation projects in different roles;
- 4+ full life cycle SAP implementations of data migration projects
- Diverse experience in SAP ECC and S/4HANA implementation, conversion and upgrades projects, with special knowledge around system integration, legacy remediation and Data Migration SAP tools and procedures;
- Well versed in SAP best practices, SAP Activate project Approach, SAP Roadmap and Fiori Apps;
- Proven track record of leading clients successfully thru S/4HANA migrations;
- Must have extensive experience in FICO (Finance & Controlling), SD (Sales & Distribution) & Material Management modules in S/4HANA
- Proven experience in authoring response to RFPs and project estimates for complex SAP projects;
- Knowledge and integration with other SAP modules;
- Experience with Material, Customer, and Vendor Master Data conversions
- Expertise in Cutover Planning, Project Planning, Project Design, Gathering Business and Functional requirements, creating functional specifications, and Use case data flow diagrams
- Extensively used Microsoft Excel, Project, Visio, PowerPoint, Word and MS Office products for data Analysis, Project Schedules, Business process modeling, Requirement/issues documentation and Customer training.
- Experienced in preparing Test Plans, Test Cases, Test Scripts and Test Summary Reports for Automated and manual testing.
- Strong communication skills and the ability to collaborate effectively with cross-functional teams.
- Team player attitude
Differentiators but not required
- Valid SAP certifications
- Canadian Federal Government Security Clearance
- Any experience of Big 4 consulting experience, or 2 or more years of experience in IT management roles
- Relevant industry designations such as ITIL Service Manager, PMP or TOGAF would be assets
- Projects experiences with the following: SAP S/4HANA, BODS, BW, BO and/or ABAP
- Outstanding communication skills (oral & written), with the ability to interact confidently with all levels of management
- Demonstrated project or engagement management ability to plan and execute projects/engagements to a successful conclusion
- Proven track record with the types of business development activities and an established network of relevant contacts
Keys to your success:
KPMG individuals Deliver Impact | Seek Growth | Inspire Trust and understand that a diverse workforce enables us to deepen relationships and strengthen our business.
Providing you with the support you need to be at your best
For more information about KPMG in Canada’s Benefits and well-being, click here.
Our Values, The KPMG Way
Integrity, we do what is right | Excellence, we never stop learning and improving | Courage, we think and act boldly | Together, we respect each other and draw strength from our differences | For Better, we do what matters
KPMG in Canada is a proud equal opportunities employer and we are committed to creating a respectful, inclusive and barrier-free workplace that allows all of our people to reach their full potential. A diverse workforce is key to our success and we believe in bringing your whole self to work. We welcome all qualified candidates to apply and hope you will choose KPMG in Canada as your employer of choice. For more information about Inclusion, Diversity & Equity in Recruitment, please click here.
If you have a question about accessible employment at KPMG, or to begin a confidential conversation about your individual accessibility or accommodation needs through the recruitment process, we encourage you to visit our accessibility page.