Senior Consultant- GRCS Consumer Markets and Technology
City : Toronto
Category : Advisory
Industry : Finance
Employer : KPMG
At KPMG, you’ll join a team of diverse and dedicated problem solvers, connected by a common cause: turning insight into opportunity for clients and communities around the world.
Our Governance, Risk and Compliance Services (GRCS) professionals provide a range of assurance and advisory services to enhance the efficiency and effectiveness of internal audit functions, enterprise risk management programs, third-party relationships, regulatory compliance, governance and sustainability initiatives. We analyze and assess an organization’s business strategies and related business processes and systems to help management understand and address business objectives, requirements, risks, controls, and improvement opportunities. Our professionals bring both deep technical and industry experience, allowing clients to strengthen their key governance, risk management and compliance efforts while optimizing business performance.
What you will do
- Have internal audit execution experience in industry or professional services organizations
- Have a strong foundational understanding of Internal Controls over Financial Reporting pertaining to NI 52-109, and/or SOX 404
- Have a foundational understanding of “value-add” internal audit with an operational perspective
- Be able to identify and engage in broader governance discussions and resulting opportunities
- Be agile, learning on the fly and demonstrating initiative.
- Support Managers in managing project timeline, quality, budget as well as client relationships
- Deliver multiple simultaneous client engagements of varying size, scope and complexity
- Engage with cross functional engagement teams comprised of diverse backgrounds and skill sets
- Assist in identifying opportunities to continuously improve project and solutions delivery
- Assist with business development efforts of proposals, marketing material, internal and external presentations
- Delivering high quality work that is on time and in compliance with the Firm’s quality standards
- Mentor, drive and review quality of work prepared by team members
What you bring to the role
- 3 to 5 years in positions of external audit, internal audit, finance, risk, and/or regulatory compliance.
- Internal Audit Experience or Compliance, controls and governance.
- Technical understanding of IFRS and/or US GAAP is an asset
- Experience related to Internal Controls over Financial Reporting pertaining to NI 52-109, and/or SOX 404
- Experience performing operational internal audits that require innovative audit strategy
- Industry experience in sectors such as: Consumer and Retail, Industrial Markets, Manufacturing, Automotive, Technology, Media and Telecommunications is an asset
- Chartered Professional Accountant with designation / Chartered Professional Accountant Student OR Certified Internal Auditor with designation / Certified Internal Auditor Student
- Proven ability to identify and grow opportunities
- Experience in effectively leading and managing a team is an asset
- Excellent verbal and written communication.
- Flexible in their style and willing to learn new ways, methods and approaches.
- Ability to adapt methodologies and techniques to unique circumstances.
Self-motivated and is willing to ask probing questions to uncover client opportunities
Keys to your success
KPMG individuals Deliver Impact | Seek Growth | Inspire Trust and understand that a diverse workforce enables us to deepen relationships and strengthen our business.
Providing you with the support you need to be at your best
For more information about KPMG in Canada’s Benefits and well-being, click here.
Our Values, The KPMG Way
Integrity, we do what is right | Excellence, we never stop learning and improving | Courage, we think and act boldly | Together, we respect each other and draw strength from our differences | For Better, we do what matters
KPMG in Canada is a proud equal opportunities employer and we are committed to creating a respectful, inclusive and barrier-free workplace that allows all of our people to reach their full potential. A diverse workforce is key to our success and we believe in bringing your whole self to work. We welcome all qualified candidates to apply and hope you will choose KPMG in Canada as your employer of choice. For more information about Inclusion, Diversity & Equity in Recruitment, please click here.
If you have a question about accessible employment at KPMG, or to begin a confidential conversation about your individual accessibility or accommodation needs through the recruitment process, we encourage you to visit our accessibility page.