Senior Consultant, Forensics
City : Vancouver
Category : Advisory
Industry : Finance
Employer : KPMG
At KPMG, you’ll join a team of diverse and dedicated problem solvers, connected by a common cause: turning insight into opportunity for clients and communities around the world.
Our Forensic team is growing. We’re looking for a Senior Consultant with at least two years of forensic or related experience (accounting, audit, finance, investigation, damages quantification, insurance claim, business valuation) to join the team in our Vancouver offices.
You’ll be part of a team carrying out forensic engagements, including, in particular, litigation assistance, business valuation, forensic investigations, fraud and misappropriation risk prevention management, and background research.
Our highly specialized and experienced group will give you a unique opportunity for exposure to a wide range of interesting and challenging situations and to develop or hone your forensic expertise surrounded by a high‑growth team. KPMG is committed to your professional development.
What you will do
- Contribute to the completion of forensic engagements.
- Review or produce financial reports as an independent expert.
- Analyze complex financial data, review documents, conduct in-depth research on various sources of information and conduct forensic engagements such as contractual disputes, asset misappropriation and conflicts of interest.
- Write deliverables that can be used for internal purposes, for the court, for regulatory organizations or for insurance companies.
- Ensure the quality of reports and deliverables, while upholding the firm’s quality standards.
- Advise clients on complex business issues.
- Implement investigative plans for sensitive litigation cases and objectively analyze complex financial issues.
- Adeptly integrate a range of expertise to meet client needs.
- Maintain sustained, stable and long-lasting relationships with clients and serve as a business partner.
- Seek out engagement opportunities and play an active role in the firm’s business development.
What you bring to the role
- Minimum of two years forensic or related experience (accounting, audit, finance, investigation, damages quantification, insurance claim, business valuation)
- CPA designation or in the process of obtaining it (an asset)
- Experience working in a fast-paced project environment with tight deadlines and variable work hours
- Excellent research and analytical skills with the ability to identify and define issues in a clear and articulate manner and develop creative solutions to meet client needs.
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal) in English, including the ability to develop and deliver presentations, conduct interviews and facilitate workshops for clients.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a collaborative team environment and comfort receiving and providing feedback.
- Excellent relationship building and management skills with the ability to interact and build credibility and trust with a wide range of professionals at all levels.
- Strong knowledge of the MS Office suite and other relevant software.
The expected base salary range for this position is $61,500 to $99,500 and may be eligible for bonus awards. The determination of an applicant’s base salary within this range is based on the individual’s location, skills, & competencies, and unique qualifications. In addition, KPMG offers a comprehensive and competitive Total Rewards program.
KPMG individuals Deliver Impact | Seek Growth | Inspire Trust and understand that a diverse workforce enables us to deepen relationships and strengthen our business.
Providing you with the support you need to be at your best
For more information about KPMG in Canada’s Benefits and well-being, click here.
Our Values, The KPMG Way
Integrity, we do what is right | Excellence, we never stop learning and improving | Courage, we think and act boldly | Together, we respect each other and draw strength from our differences | For Better, we do what matters
KPMG in Canada is a proud equal opportunities employer and we are committed to creating a respectful, inclusive and barrier-free workplace that allows all of our people to reach their full potential. A diverse workforce is key to our success and we believe in bringing your whole self to work. We welcome all qualified candidates to apply and hope you will choose KPMG in Canada as your employer of choice. For more information about Inclusion, Diversity & Equity in Recruitment, please click here.
If you have a question about accessible employment at KPMG, or to begin a confidential conversation about your individual accessibility or accommodation needs through the recruitment process, we encourage you to visit our accessibility page.