Senior Consultant- Financial Crimes
City : Toronto
Category : Advisory
Industry : Finance
Employer : KPMG
At KPMG, you’ll join a team of diverse and dedicated problem solvers, connected by a common cause: turning insight into opportunity for clients and communities around the world.
KPMG’s financial crimes professionals help clients meet their needs in the areas of Fraud and Compliance. We provide support to Reporting Entities’ second and third lines of defense functions which include Compliance and Internal Audit. We work with clients to identify, manage, and mitigate risk exposures in line with legislative requirements and industry best practices.
Our Toronto office is currently looking for Senior Consultants to join its team.
What you will do
By joining our Financial Crimes team as a Senior Consultant, you will learn from some of the most prominent professionals in the sector and develop your personal skills by ensuring the following:
- Support the Financial Crimes team by conducting compliance monitoring, testing, and quality assurance for various financial crimes and compliance-related projects. This includes performing Internal Audit testing for various reporting entity-types and conducting Enterprise AML Program Effectiveness reviews.
- Possess a good understanding of compliance-related Regulations, including but not limited to the PCMLTFA, FINTRAC guidelines and Canadian Economic Sanctions.
- Execute the field work and testing, work with clients directly and report to the AML/Financial Crimes Manager or Senior Manager.
- Execute the field work and testing for compliance reviews, working with clients directly to evaluate the control design and effectiveness of controls established to mitigate regulatory risk, reporting to the AML/Financial Crimes Manager or Senior Manager.
- Identify, assess, and report results of compliance reviews in accordance with KPMG’s risk-based methodology.
- Propose practical solutions to regulatory and control weaknesses identified.
- Validate enhancements required as a result of identified weaknesses were implemented timely by the client and addressed any root causes identified.
- Be able to assist in evaluating control processes in consideration of regulatory requirements and the client’s internal requirements.
- Be able to review compliance policies and procedures and assess the adequacy of them against actual business practices and regulatory requirements.
- You will need to be able to identify key issues, carrying out the relevant analysis, interpreting results, and reporting key findings relevant to the engagements undertaken.
- Support the AML/Financial Crimes Manager or Senior Manager in other advisory engagements, performing research, data analysis, preparing client presentations, proposals, and other tasks assigned by the management team.
- Keep abreast of current regulatory trends or emerging threats in relevant industries that may impact our clients.
What you bring to the role
- 2-4 years of experience in either Consulting or a Canadian Financial Institution, ideally in an Assurance or Internal Audit function.
- Post-secondary diploma in accounting, finance, business administration or any other relevant field of study.
- Good proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, and Microsoft PowerPoint.
- Strong understanding of testing or audit methodology associated with the evaluation of controls.
- Strong investigation skills as well as excellent interpersonal skills, and demonstrated ability to work effectively in teams.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, French is an asset.
- Knowledge about AML/ATF laws and regulations.
- Knowledge of the financial services sector (understanding of the different products/services/channels).
- CAMS or CFCS designation is an asset.
Keys to your success
KPMG individuals Deliver Impact | Seek Growth | Inspire Trust and understand that a diverse workforce enables us to deepen relationships and strengthen our business.
Providing you with the support you need to be at your best
For more information about KPMG in Canada’s Benefits and well-being, click here.
Our Values, The KPMG Way
Integrity, we do what is right | Excellence, we never stop learning and improving | Courage, we think and act boldly | Together, we respect each other and draw strength from our differences | For Better, we do what matters
KPMG in Canada is a proud equal opportunities employer and we are committed to creating a respectful, inclusive and barrier-free workplace that allows all of our people to reach their full potential. A diverse workforce is key to our success and we believe in bringing your whole self to work. We welcome all qualified candidates to apply and hope you will choose KPMG in Canada as your employer of choice. For more information about Inclusion, Diversity & Equity in Recruitment, please click here.
For general recruitment-related inquiries, please contact the HR Delivery Centre at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have a question about accessible employment at KPMG, or to begin a confidential conversation about your individual accessibility or accommodation needs through the recruitment process, we encourage you to contact us at email@example.com or phone: 416-777-8002 or toll free 1-888-466-4778.