Senior Consultant, Energy Transition
City : Calgary, AB
Category : ERI - Energy & Process
Industry : Engineering
Employer : WSP
TORONTO (GTA), CALGARY, VANCOUVER OR MONTREAL
WSP Canada is seeking a senior consultant to join our Energy Transition Advisory team within WSP Canada's Energy Resources and Industry (ERI) business line. This role can be based in Toronto (GTA), Montreal, Calgary, or Vancouver.
The Advisory team delivers insights, innovation, and solutions to help our clients address the impacts of climate change, digital disruption, and industry transformation, and achieve their strategic objectives by making the right investments in assets and infrastructure. We provide our clients with technical and operational insights and analysis to guide effective decision-making for investments that range across the energy infrastructure spectrum.
This role is at the intersection of technical assessment and investment evaluation and is suited for a highly motivated professional who thrives in solving complex problems related to the Energy Transition. Responsibilities will include ensuring the delivery of a range of advisory services to support clients in the early stages of problem evaluation, technology selection and investment planning. The successful candidate will possess a broad understanding of new energy technologies, including hydrogen, carbon capture and renewable fuels, large scale energy project developments, functioning of the energy markets, and the drivers for successful operations.
WSP is one of the world’s leading engineering professional services consulting firms, bringing together over 50,000 talented people from around the globe. We are technical experts who design and provide strategic advice on sustainable solutions, engineering projects that will help societies grow for lifetimes to come.
Committed to a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion, we hope you will see your future as part of our team.
- We value and are committed to upholding a culture of Inclusion and Belonging
- Our Flexible Work Policy – we recognize the importance of balance in our lives and encourage you to prioritize the balance in yours. We will support you on and off the job so you can be fully present in both your work and home lives.
- Our Hybrid Work Policy - a combination of in-person and remote working, enables us to purposefully think of how we work, who we need to work with, and where the work should be done.
- A Canadian success story - we're proud to wear the red and white of this beautiful country and show the world what Canada has to offer.
- Enhance the world around you - from the environment to the highways, to the buildings and the terrain, WSP is the fabric of Canada.
- Outstanding career opportunities - we're growing and pushing ourselves every day to be greater than yesterday - we're open to your ideas and trying new things.
- A phenomenal collaborative culture and a workforce filled with genuinely good people who are doing humbly important work. Come find out for yourself what it's like to be a part of our journey.
We offer attractive pay, flexible work options, a great corporate culture, comprehensive and employee-focused benefits including virtual healthcare and a wellness platform as well as great savings programs, and a clear vision for the future.
A day in the life:
- Working alongside other members of A&C, develop new client relationships and expand existing relationships with value-added advisory services around energy transition.
- Serve as a technical subject matter expert to WSP's clients on a range of energy technologies including hydrogen, carbon capture utilization & storage and renewable fuels. This will include engagements that require concept development; technical feasibility studies; business case development; technology selection, readiness, & comparison; and energy resource assessment & optimization.
- Pursue research, analyze policies, interpret regulations, and review incentive programs to assist clients in understanding the opportunities and risk for investments in new energy technologies.
- Execute on due diligence and independent review advisory work for clients, pursuing greenfield development and/or acquisition of new energy technologies, that includes technology evaluation, feasibility studies, performance assessment and contracts review
- Act as a project manager as appropriate to successfully lead and manage business opportunities and projects across the project lifecycle with various clients, in close collaboration with various WSP teams.
- Build partnerships internally and externally to create solutions and synergies for specific energy transition challenges. Support in building eminence in new energy technologies across WSP Canada.
- Support A&C growth plans through proposal development for competitive bids and preemptive pitches to prospective clients.
What you'll bring to WSP ...
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, science, business, economics, or a related field of study.
- Post-graduate degree in engineering, science, business, economics, or a related field of study is preferred.
- 7+ years of relevant experience, including working with organizations in the ERI sector.
- Experience working within a Management Consulting firm is preferred.
- Experience in new energy technologies, including hydrogen, carbon capture and renewable fuels.
- Expertise in process modelling, energy yield assessment and relevant statistical analysis
- Strong project management skills and knowledge of energy project lifecycle
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Able to travel domestically.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills