Senior Consultant, Capital Projects
City : TORONTO
Industry : Materials & Construction
Employer : Stantec
Senior Consultant, Capital Projects - ( 210001V0 )
We are in the business of limitless potential. From iconic designs to monumental ground breakings, we believe the best solutions are the product of diverse perspectives.
By managing capital programs and projects as if they were our own, our capital planning and operational readiness business, and technical experts work with clients to strategize, plan, and deliver projects that help them achieve their organization’s objectives.
Grow with the best. Join a smart, creative, and inspired team that accomplishes operational excellence who are passionate to bring transformational project solutions to life. Bringing together individuals with diverse backgrounds, talents, and expertise, our 22,000 team members in over 400 locations worldwide are vital to making our Company stronger
Stantec’s Client Solutions advisory practice is currently recruiting for an individual to join our industry-leading Capital Planning and Operational Readiness team.
This position offers the successful candidate the opportunity to work within a dynamic environment and collaborate with our Integrated Capital Planning and Operational Readiness team to assist our valued clients in optimizing their project delivery.
We are seeking to expand our team working on a number of major capital and operational readiness projects primarily in the healthcare, education and commercial real estate sectors. The role of Senior Consultant is a full-time position, located in the Greater Toronto Area (GTA) with some travel required. You will work in collaboration with our team in an active, client-facing capacity and can draw on your capital planning and redevelopment knowledge and experience to become a trusted advisor to our clients.
As a management consultant, you will have the opportunity to work directly with leaders in the fields of P3 project delivery, capital development, design, construction, operational readiness planning and transition, and operations on a wide variety of major, high profile projects.
Your Key Responsibilities:
- Advise clients in a variety of areas for successful project delivery including effective governance, project team structure, project communications, stakeholder engagement, planning and schedule management, risk management, performance assessment and executive reporting.
- Lead facilitated planning sessions that engage project teams, leveraging the collective expertise and ensuring successful project outcomes.
- Offer innovative solutions to clients supported by our proven planning processes and tools through the development of client-focused project planning and management tools, reports and presentations for effective team engagement, risk management and decision making.
- Assess ongoing project performance against project plans by conducting progress review sessions with the client, consultants, advisors, and contractor representatives.
- Contribute to Client Solutions’ business goals through participation in strategic planning discussions.
- Promote service offerings within Stantec’s business units and externally to targeted market sectors and client prospects.
- Support the development of proposal responses and promotional materials.
- Be accountable for fulfilling client contract obligations, while managing scope and budget of client service agreements.
- Contribute to documented best practices.
- Contribute to staff supervision, coaching, and mentorship, where appropriate.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Demonstrated understanding of the capital planning process for major redevelopment projects
- Demonstrated understanding and application of project management processes and principles
- Familiarity with Ontario’s Ministry of Health capital planning process, P3 project procurement and delivery, and Municipal planning approval processes in Ontario
- Combines technical expertise with business acumen
- Effective and expressive communicator, both verbally and written
- Strong facilitation skills in small and large group settings
- Strong presentation skills with an ability to inspire confidence in clients and project team members
- Critical thinker with an ability to distill key messages from complex issues and details
- Self-starter, team player and effective collaborator
- Efficient time manager adept at managing multiple projects with competing deadlines.
- Demonstrated proficiency in MS Office suite and the use of PowerPoint, Excel, and Visio for management reporting
- Familiar with project management software (MS Project, Primavera)
Education and Experience
- Minimum 12 years’ experience with major capital project planning and schedule management demonstrating successful collaboration with multiple project teams
- Undergraduate degree (Engineering, Architecture) from an accredited institution
- Master’s Degree in Business Administration is considered a valuable asset
- Certified Management Consultant certification is considered a valuable asset
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification or willingness to obtain
The success candidate must be:
- Able to travel between Stantec offices and client sites within and outside of the GTA
- Able to occasionally work extended hours based on project demands and deliverable deadlines
- Willing to travel within Ontario and occasionally to other parts of Canada or the USA to support consulting and/ or business development activities (not expected to exceed 20% of the work week, on average)
- In possession of a valid driver’s license in Ontario
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
We offer the freedom to take initiative in a dynamic environment and the opportunity to develop your skills and competencies while working with our team of professionals considered industry leaders . Salary, performance bonus, and benefits form a competitive remuneration package.
Primary Location : Canada-Ontario-Toronto
Job : Management Consulting
Organization : BC-1264 Buildings-Client Solutions-Canada
Employee Status : Regular
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Travel : No
Schedule : Full-time
Job Posting : Aug 4, 2021, 2:18:40 PM
Req ID: 210001V0
Vaccine Policy: Stantec requires some positions in North America to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 subject to reasonable accommodation to the extent required by law because of a medical reason or a sincerely held religious belief.
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans