Senior Consultant, Blue Planet Strategic Accounts
City : Remote Site, Ontario, Canada
Category : Sales, Sales Support & Solutions
Industry : Telecommunications
Employer : Ciena
Ciena is committed to our people-first philosophy. Our teams enjoy a culture focused on prioritizing a personalized and flexible work environment that empowers an individual’s passions, growth, wellbeing and belonging. We’re a technology company that leads with our humanity—driving our business priorities alongside meaningful social, community, and societal impact.
Blue Planet is looking for a highly motivated, results oriented, experienced Sales leader with a proven background in complex solution selling into Canada’s Tier 1 Communication Service Providers (CSPs). The individual must have proven skills to drive complex OSS software opportunities and the services required to make them successful. In addition, the individual will have demonstratable success in creating and carrying strategic programs forward in the aforementioned territory. A history of success working across IT, Network Engineering & Operations is essential.
Desired location: Toronto - West
This role will require frequent travel to customer sites in Mississauga, Brampton and Edmonton (1x/month).
- Executing on the Blue Planet GTM sales strategy which includes managing all customer interaction, driving solution level sales, and engaging key influencers and decision makers.
- Constantly finds ways to accelerate goal attainment and reduce time-to-market, along with the ability to measure and track key business results and processes against set targets and against the competition.
- Accurately set and manage both internal and external expectations required to drive long, complex and high-value sales cycles
- Build a customer pipeline while maximizing Blue Planet revenue streams & margins
- Assembling win teams to deliver best in class customer engagements
- Develop strong customer relationships at all levels and across Business Units, IT, Network and Operations
- Commercial proposal development and managing all aspects of client facing negotiations
- Major influencer on our global product portfolio roadmap requirements, as well as our global marketing plans
- Strong knowledge of the telecom industry technology, infrastructure, network management, automation/orchestration, inventory, and operational support/billing support (OSS/BSS) systems
- Have a minimum of 10 years’ experience providing complex and high-value solutions to Tier 1 customers and their executive leadership
- Very strong experience working with Rogers, Telus and Bell
- Relevant knowledge of CSP’s products & services as well as next generation service offerings
- Demonstrate excellent communication skills (listening, writing, presentation), including the ability to convey the defined value proposition to a variety of audiences ranging from engineers to CXO-level executives in a client-facing environment
- Have proven successful problem-solving skills
- Self-starter with a “can-do” attitude and be highly efficient at completing concurrent tasks with minimal guidance. Tenacity and ambition to succeed in an aggressive and dynamic environment
- Have the highest integrity and have earned the respect of peers, as well as being viewed as a team player, learning and respecting the roles and responsibilities of others in support roles
- Be proficient with MS Project, PowerPoint, Excel, and Word
- Be proficient with Salesforce.com
- Proven Success at managing and hitting multi-million $ annual quotas
- Minimum BS in technical field or equivalent experience
- Prefer MBA
At Ciena, we are committed to building and fostering an environment in which our employees feel respected, valued, and heard. Ciena values the diversity of its workforce and respects its employees as individuals. We do not tolerate any form of discrimination.
If contacted in relation to a job opportunity, please advise Ciena of any accommodation measures you may require.