Senior Construction Officer
City : VANCOUVER
Industry : Materials & Construction
Employer : Stantec
Senior Construction Officer - ( 230004WY )
We’re in the business of limitless potential. From iconic designs to monumental ground breakings, we believe the best solutions are the product of diverse perspectives.
By managing capital programs and projects as if they were our own, our program management business, and technical experts work with clients to strategize, plan, and implement projects that help them achieve their organization’s objectives. Our award-winning team has managed thousands of projects across all sectors — hospitals, airports, and entire university campuses; infrastructure like mass transit and water-treatment facilities; and energy and resource assignments, from mines to wind farms.
Join an award-winning team of program and project management specialists who are passionate to bring transformational project solutions to life.
The Senior Construction Officer is Stantec’s on-site representative and works effectively as part of a project team helping deliver major projects on behalf of our infrastructure clients. Your role will ensure the construction and supplier contract(s) are fulfilled to meet overarching project goals and in a safe manner with requisite quality.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Observing, acting and reporting on any contractual issues, infractions of safety, security, operational interference or client customer inconvenience
- Provide inspection expertise as a technical specialist and / or broad multi-disciplinary expertise depending on the assigned project(s)
- Undertake Quality Audits of contractor and supplier processes and preparing non-conformance reports based on on-site observations. Familiarization with the design to be effective in duties
- Liaise effectively between the Contractor, client staff, and external entities
- Preparation of all required reports, including Project Daily Reports and Contract Deficiency Reports
- Participation in project meetings as required
- Assist the Project / Construction Manager in the following:
o Direct, conduct and evaluate on site testing, survey and estimating activities
o Authorize payments and checking on-site progress
o Coordinate required permits and clearances
o Monitor and control progress of activities against the Contract Baseline for schedule and cost
o Coordinate overall site safety and ensuring Prime Contractor(s) follow regulations, acts, safety and security requirements
o Completion of other related duties as required in support of the project.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Good written and verbal communication skills are required to effectively communicate with management and liaise with contractors and construction crews
- Strong organizational, interpersonal, problem solving and analytical skills
- Proficient at reading drawings and schematics
Education and Experience
- Approximately five years’ directly related experience and National Diploma of Technology in either civil & structural or electrical from an Institute of Technology or relevant trades apprentice course.
- Prior experience within infrastructure projects (transit, power, water sectors) and/or systems management networking (electronics, fiber optic communication system, electrical and electromechanical system including wired and wireless systems and subsystems) is an asset.
- Position will primarily require field work which may include exposure to the elements including inclement weather.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other’s talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Pay transparency laws require employers to provide the following information for positions that may be in the following jurisdiction(s):
- $81,200 - $117,800 Min/Max Pay Range for postings located in BC
The final agreed upon compensation is based on individual education, qualifications, experience, and work location. At Stantec certain roles are bonus eligible.
Benefits Summary: Regular full-time and part-time employees will have access to health, dental, and vision plans, a well-being program, health care spending account, wellness spending accounts, group registered retirement savings plan, employee stock purchase program, group tax-free savings account, life and accidental death & dismemberment (AD&D) insurance, short-term/long-term disability plans, emergency travel benefits, tuition reimbursement, professional membership fee coverage, and paid time off.
Temporary/casual employees will have access to group registered retirement savings plan, employee stock purchase program, and group tax-free savings account.
The benefits information listed above may not apply to union positions because benefits for such positions are governed by applicable collective bargaining agreements.
Primary Location : Canada-British Columbia-Vancouver
Work Locations :
Organization : BC-1262 Transpt-CA PMCM
Employee Status : Regular
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Travel : Yes, 25 % of the Time
Schedule : Full-time
Job Posting : Dec 6, 2023, 8:58:47 AM
Req ID: 230004WY
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans