Senior Construction Inspector
City : TORONTO
Industry : Materials & Construction
Employer : Stantec
Senior Construction Inspector - ( 23000300 )
We’re in the business of limitless potential. From iconic designs to monumental ground breakings, we believe the best solutions are the product of diverse perspectives.
By managing capital programs and projects as if they were our own, our program management business, and technical experts work with clients to strategize, plan, and implement projects that help them achieve their organization’s objectives. Our award-winning team has managed thousands of projects across all sectors — hospitals, airports, and entire university campuses; infrastructure like mass transit and water-treatment facilities; and energy and resource assignments, from mines to wind farms.
Join an award-winning team of program and project management specialists who are passionate to bring transformational project solutions to life.
The Senior Construction Inspector is responsible for inspecting the work materials and methods to ensure that the requirements of the Contract Documents are fulfilled in a safe manner with requisite quality; prepares daily reports for active construction contracts and issues Contract Deficiency Reports including the follow-up on required corrective actions including inspection of same.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Observing, acting and reporting on any contractual and non-contractual infractions of safety, security, operational interference or client customer inconvenience
- Provides special inspection expertise in structural, civil, architectural, roofing, mechanical or electrical disciplines, as required for the type of construction work.
- Liaises between the Contractor, client staff, utility companies, local municipalities and other external agencies
- Preparation and submission of all required reports on a timely basis.
- Participation in project meetings as required.
- Completion of other related duties as required in support of the project.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational, interpersonal, problem solving and analytical skills
- Proficient at reading drawings and schematics
- Ability to monitor and control progress of construction activities against the Contract Baseline for schedule and cost
- Must acquire a Joint Health and Safety Committee (JHSC) certification if elected as a worker member of the JHSC.
Education and Experience
- Approximately five years experience in inspection and management of construction work
Position will primarily require field work which may include exposure to the elements including inclement weather.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other’s talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Benefits Summary: Full-time and part-time employees will have access to health, dental, and vision plans, a well-being program, health care spending account, wellness spending accounts, group registered retirement savings plan, employee stock purchase program, group tax-free savings account, life and accidental death & dismemberment (AD&D) insurance, short-term/long-term disability plans, emergency travel benefits, tuition reimbursement, professional membership fee coverage, and paid time off.
Temporary/casual employees will have access to group registered retirement savings plan, employee stock purchase program, and group tax-free savings account.
Primary Location : Canada-Ontario-Toronto
Other Locations : Canada-Ontario-Toronto
Work Locations :
Organization : BC-1262 Transpt-CA Program Management
Employee Status : Regular
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Travel : Yes, 10 % of the Time
Schedule : Full-time
Job Posting : Jul 25, 2023, 12:23:48 PM
Req ID: 23000300
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans