Toronto, ON, CA, M5H1A1
Requisition ID: 178179
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture.
Contributes to the overall success of the Compliance Global Control Room, GBM&T in Toronto ensuring specific individual goals, plans, initiatives are executed / delivered in support of the team’s business strategies and objectives. Ensures all activities conducted are in compliance with governing regulations, internal policies and procedures.
- Supports the development and implementation of a new trade surveillance program for the GBM&T Global Control Room, in relation to reviews and escalations against the Watch and Restricted Lists, assisting with the development phase through to implementation.
- Supports the monitoring functions with regards to Trade Surveillance and other Control Room functions, identifying key risk indicators and assess and test the adequacy of controls, identify non-compliance with compliance programs and make recommendations for and implement appropriate corrective action or process improvements.
- Recommend where applicable enhancements to the existing program along with developing new areas of review and other duties and projects as assigned.
- Participates in the development of internal policies and procedures to enhance the eﬀectiveness of program delivery and reﬂect changes in regulatory requirements.
- Assesses and incorporates new technology for the Global Control Room processes, including liaising with internal development teams. Assists with incorporating Scotiabank’s digital transformation initiatives into Control Room program delivery, with a focus on increasing eﬃciency and eﬀectiveness.
- Assist the group, when necessary, with various tasks such as chaperoning calls between Investment Banking and Research, executing conflict clearances, etc.
- Understand how the Bank’s risk appetite and risk culture should be considered in day-to-day activities and decisions.
- Champions a customer focused culture to deepen client relationships and leverage broader Bank relationships, systems and knowledge.
- Champions a high-performance environment and assists in the implementation of a people strategy that attracts, retains, develops and motivates the team by fostering an inclusive work environment, and communicating vison/values/business strategy.
- Actively pursues effective and efficient operations of Global Control Room Compliance in accordance with Scotiabank’s Values, its Code of Conduct and the Global Sales Principles, while ensuring the adequacy, adherence to and effectiveness of day-to-day business controls to meet obligations with respect to operational, compliance, AML/ATF/sanctions and conduct risk.
- Post-secondary education.
- Completion of Canadian Securities Course (Recommended)
- Trade Surveillance experience preferred
- High Proficiency in Excel, Power BI, Bloomberg is an asset
- Financial Services experience with good knowledge of industry practices regarding Compliance.
- Knowledge of Rules and Regulations around Institutional Compliance matters.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.