Senior Compensation Consultant
City : St. John's
Industry : Materials & Construction
Employer : Stantec
Senior Compensation Consultant - ( 2200019T )
Grow with the best. Join a smart, creative, and inspired team that works to support operational excellence. The Stantec community unites more than 25,000 employees working in over 400 locations across 6 continents. Our Functional Services Teams (FSTs) include Corporate Development, Finance, HR, HSSE, IT, Legal, Marketing/Communications, Practice Services and Real Estate and Procurement. Bringing together individuals with diverse backgrounds, talents, and expertise, our FSTs are vital to making our Company stronger.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Compensation professional to join our team. You will lead and participate in a wide variety of compensation-related project work. You will research, analyze, and recommend sound solutions for compensation programs in support of our Human Resources strategy and other organizational objectives. You will also understand compensation data modeling and be able to interpret for business operations and human resources leaders to influence positive change and inform pay decisions at all levels of the organization. Join our collaborative Global Compensation team and play an integral role delivering strategic compensation services. This position offers a flexible work schedule - remote, or in any Stantec office in Canada.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Engage with HR business partners and business leaders to diagnose complex compensation issues and recommend potential solutions to optimize compensation programs, policies, guidelines, structures, and systems/tools in support of organizational goals.
- Lead or be a key team member on a variety of compensation projects.
- Perform analysis on the effectiveness and competitiveness of existing compensation programs and model potential financial impact.
- Develop and present competitive assessments and salary analysis to advise human resources and business operations leaders on pay management strategies and decisions.
- Assist in the development and delivery of compensation training for human resources and business operations as required.
- Develop and/or maintain a variety of excel based tools and data models to support team and client-based projects and processes.
- Conduct and interpret data analytics to deliver actionable and relevant insights in support of informed compensation planning.
- Perform other duties of a similar nature and level as required.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Experience developing compensation programs, policies, and practices that support organizational strategy in multiple regions around the globe.
- Experience consulting on compensation programs, policies, and practices that support informed decision making.
- Advanced understanding of compensation best practices and principles.
- Ability to compile, analyze, and interpret large amounts of information/data from multiple sources.
- Experience developing and running data models; effectively leveraging data to tell the story in support of informed decision making.
- Understanding and application of project management approaches, tools, and phases of the project lifecycle.
- Apply effective oral/written communication and presentation skills.
- Demonstrate problem solving and critical thinking skills.
- Exercise confidentiality, discretion, and sound judgment.
- Proficient MS Office Suite skills required; advanced Excel skills required.
- Experience with HRIS Systems (preferably Oracle).
- Understand and apply compensation-related legislation, rules, and regulations for North America (required); multi-national knowledge strongly preferred.
- CCP preferred or in progress.
Education and Experience
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Human Resources, Business or related field; Minimum of 7 years of related experience, with at least 5 years in compensation.
Typical office environment working with computers and remaining sedentary for long periods of time. Travel may be required throughout North America.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other’s talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Primary Location : Canada-Alberta-Calgary
Other Locations : Canada-New Brunswick-Saint John, Canada-Manitoba-Winnipeg, Canada, Canada-Newfoundland and Labrador-St. John's, Canada-Alberta-Edmonton, Canada-British Columbia-Vancouver, Canada-Ontario-Waterloo
Job : Compensation
Organization : BC-1197 Human Resources-Talent Services-Canada
Employee Status : Regular
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Travel : No
Schedule : Full-time
Job Posting : Mar 29, 2022, 6:57:42 AM
Req ID: 2200019T
Vaccine Policy: Stantec requires some positions in North America to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 subject to reasonable accommodation to the extent required by law because of a medical reason or a sincerely held religious belief.
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans