Senior Cloud Engineer
City : TORONTO, Ontario, Canada
Category : Technology | Analytics | Research
Industry : Financial/Banking
Employer : RBC
Come Work with Us!
At RBC, our culture is deeply supportive and rich in opportunity and reward. You will help our clients thrive and our communities prosper, empowered by a spirit of shared purpose.
Whether you’re helping clients find new opportunities, developing new technology, or providing expert advice to internal partners, you will be doing work that matters in the world, in an environment built on teamwork, service, responsibility, diversity, and integrity.
What is the Opportunity?
As a Site Reliability Engineer, your main goal will be utilizing your core engineering, operations and development background to assist building and supporting large-scale systems within the RBC ecosystem. This includes developing api-driven services to define and assert reliability standards within the bank; alongside large-scale site reliability engineering facilitation across multiple lines of business at the bank.
What will you do?
- Build a scalable platform using best practices around automation, pushing changes that improve reliability of the platform.
- Work with the team to implement secure, highly available and scalable architectures on RBC Public Cloud
- Translate requirements into functional specifications, and coordinate design phases, while identifying, tracking, and resolving technical issues
- Create and review technical design documents, understand how the design will be used in the code development process, and facilitate meetings to design, troubleshoot, and execute projects
- Manage, maintain, and develop the monitoring and alerting systems integrated within the bank
- Work flexible hours and be part of a weekly on-call rotation where appropriate
What do you need to succeed?
- Strong K8s (Openshift or otherwise) working knowledge with experience and understanding of CICD pipeline and DevOps / Agile Methodology
- Experience managing infrastrucutre systems spanning across Amazon Web Services or Microsoft Azure CSPs
- Experience with one of the following IaC systems; Terraform, ARM Templates
- Intermediate experience provisioning and maintaining infrastructure utilizing Infrastructure as Code toolsets
- A relevant degree or certificate in Computer Engineering, Computer Science a comparable field of study, or equivalent practical experience
- Good communication skills, strong problem solving and leadership skills, and driven by curiosity
- Coding experience in Golang and/or Python
- Experience with ELK infrastructures with strong knowledge of Kibana; Working knowledge of Dynatrace
- CI/CD Configuration experience with Groovy (for Jenkins CI)
- Knowledge of deploying and supporting distributed applications
- Experience with deployment and management of core networking within public cloud environments
RBC is committed to supporting flexible work arrangements when and where available. Details to be discussed with Hiring Manager.
What's in it for you?
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
- A comprehensive Total Rewards Program including bonuses and flexible benefits, competitive compensation, commissions, and stock where applicable
- Leaders who support your development through coaching and managing opportunities
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team
- Flexible work/life balance options
- Opportunities to do challenging work
- Opportunities to take on progressively greater accountabilities
Inclusion and Equal Opportunity Employment
At RBC, we embrace diversity and inclusion for innovation and growth. We are committed to building inclusive teams and an equitable workplace for our employees to bring their true selves to work. We are taking actions to tackle issues of inequity and systemic bias to support our diverse talent, clients and communities.
We also strive to provide an accessible candidate experience for our prospective employees with different abilities. Please let us know if you need any accommodations during the recruitment process.
Join our Talent Community
Stay in-the-know about great career opportunities at RBC. Sign up and get customized info on our latest jobs, career tips and Recruitment events that matter to you.
Expand your limits and create a new future together at RBC. Find out how we use our passion and drive to enhance the well-being of our clients and communities at rbc.com/careers.