Senior Cloud Engineer, Scotia Digital
City : Toronto, ON, CA, M5H1B6
Category : Architecture and Engineering
Industry : Finance
Employer : Scotiabank
Requisition ID: 141669
Cost Centre: Enterprise Data Engineering
Employee Referral Program – Potential Reward: $2,000.00
We are committed to investing in our employees and helping you continue your career at Scotiabank.
About the role:
Scotiabank has embarked on the journey to modernize both development practices and tools. One of the main areas of transformation is the public cloud and the various platform technologies that support both development and operations on the cloud. The aim is to provide a streamlined process and framework which will allow the development teams to focus on building business logic. We are looking to build our development team with influencer, makers, creators and industry leaders who will drive us forward.
The role of the Senior Cloud Engineer operates within the Cloud Engineering team. This valuable member of the team will be responsible for creating platform components and services for the broad enterprise use.
Is this role right for you? In this role, you will:
- Key accountabilities include development, management, and maintenance of cloud platforms, services, and components to enable safe enterprise-wide use of common cloud functionality.
- Level 3 support responsibilities are required.
- Technical ownership/leadership of enterprise cloud product(s) or a complex part of a larger product including the design, software, and processes necessary for ongoing operations.
- Designing, implementing, and refactoring code.
- Participating in design discussions focused on scalability, design, and implementation best practices.
- Ensuring software, programs, and applications are developed and/or configured to meet high availability, integrity, and reliability requirements.
- Working with other lead engineers and architects on designing solutions and breaking-down, scoping, and estimating tasks.
- Participate in planning and retrospective sessions, attending stand-ups, etc.
- Be able to build and operate the highly available and scalable software and infrastructure.
- Mentorship of junior cloud engineers.
- Our teams are flexible and fast requiring daily peer review and quality control.
Do you have the skills that will enable you to succeed in this role? - We'd love to work with you if you have:
- Bachelor (equivalent or higher) degree in computer science or engineering/mathematics discipline.
- 6+ years’ relevant work experience
- Enthusiasm for cloud transformation and cloud platform/components/services development.
- Strong development experience, delivery history, and breadth of language experience (e.g. Java, Python).
- Full understanding of software development life cycle as well as related technologies.
- Sufficient domain expertise in cloud platform features and capabilities.
- Proven experience in cloud development (Google GCP, Microsoft Azure).
- Ability to solve ambiguous and typically novel problems that require the effort of several engineers.
- Expert in either a modern technology stack, building platforms, or in Scotiabank’s legacy systems.
- Full stack experience in product development.
- Experience in technical leadership of small sized technical teams in delivering production solutions.
- Strong communication skills, both written and spoken; of specific importance the strong communication to a technical audience.
- Experience in delivering enterprise systems collaborating and driving solutions with multiple teams across the organization.
- Knowledge of software design patterns, infrastructure architecture, DevOps, and security considerations.
- Awareness of design for scalable, enterprise-level software system (both on code and infrastructure levels).
- Experience working with relational databases.
- Understanding of software release process (environments, binary repositories, CI/CD).
- Attention to details, high standards for quality.
- Desire to learn, grow yourself and your team.
- Passion for driving teams towards high performance and a deep pride in quality craftsmanship that delights users.
- Writing and maintaining related documentation.
- Investigating, analyzing, and resolving system problems.
- Experience within Canadian financial institutions a benefit.
- Experience with Kubernetes, containerized applications, or Terraform is a benefit.
What’s in it for you?
- The opportunity to join a forward-thinking company surrounded by a collaborative team of innovative thinkers.
- A rewarding career path with diverse opportunities for professional development.
- Internal development to support your growth and enhance your skills.
- A competitive compensation and benefits package.
- An organization committed to making a difference in our communities– for you and our customers.
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.
Note: All postings in me@Scotiabank will remain live for a minimum of 5 days.