Senior Client Relationship Manager, Commercial Banking (Sudbury, Ontario)
City : Sudbury, ON, CA, P1B2T7
Category : Business and Financial Operations
Industry : Finance
Employer : Scotiabank
Requisition ID: 150397
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture.
Senior Client Relationship Manager, Commercial Banking - Sudbury
Commercial Banking is looking for a dynamic self-starter who embraces a team environment and shares our passion for helping Canadian businesses achieve their goals to join our Distribution team as a Senior Client Relationship Manager.
Our Commercial Banking professionals are committed to delivering advice and a full suite of customized lending, deposit, cash management and trade finance solutions to mid and large-sized businesses. Team members with a client-centric approach and a strong emphasis on results will thrive in our flexible, growth-oriented environment.
If you have a winning mindset and are proactive, resourceful and committed to profitable growth and delivering an exceptional client experience, we invite you to consider this position.
This position will be based in Sudbury servicing a broader area across Northern Ontario and regular travel is required as well as a vehicle.
As a Senior Client Relationship Manager, you will:
• Proactively acquire new clients by developing a disciplined sales approach, understanding clients’ needs and asking for business and referrals
• Deepen client relationships by providing proactive advice and solutions, being a client champion, leveraging partners and promoting cross sell
• Make it easy for customers to do business with Scotiabank by bringing the Bank to the customer and providing fast turnaround times
Performance objectives for this role reward planned and advice-based portfolio management of moderately complex Commercial relationships ($15MM - $75MM client annual revenue). You are responsible for the delivery of exceptional customer experience, cross sell, new client acquisition, credit underwriting and compliance, revenue growth and referral activities. You have a passion for understanding clients’ businesses and proactively identify needs through sales activities such as face-to-face calls.
You are an ideal candidate if you have:
• Expert sales/closing skills
• Intermediate credit skills; Analysis and completion of credit applications
• Advanced portfolio management skills, including proven ability to execute sales activities and manage sales pipeline
• Developed ability to establish and maintain a referral network to generate closed referrals
• Strong negotiation skills
• Strong communication skills
• Well-developed relationship building and teamwork skills
• Strong knowledge of the Canadian Commercial Banking marketplace
• 3+ years of commercial banking experience required
• Undergraduate degree in Business or Economics or equivalent work experience
• Ability to travel domestically as required - a car is required for this role
• Ability to work outside of regular business hours as required
This position reports to Director & Group Lead, Client Relationships (Mid-Market).
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Sudbury
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.