Senior Clerical Assistant
City : British Columbia
Category : Other
Industry : Real estate and rental and leasing
Employer : BC Housing
SENIOR CLERICAL ASSISTANT :
($42,899.13 - $48,602.25 annually)
Reporting to the Supervisor, Administration, the Senior Clerical Assistant provides administrative support to ensure the effective and efficient operations of day-to-day service delivery in Applicant Services, supporting a range of programs. He/she/they receives and resolves service desk tickets identifying system errors and takes steps to correct errors related to digital document management to prevent privacy breaches. The incumbent assists the Supervisor in providing day to day technical and administrative support to the team, ensuring new changes to processes are successfully implemented and assists in training team members as needed.
The successful candidate will have the following:
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Secondary school graduation plus completion of a comprehensive and relevant post-secondary course in office or business administration from a recognized educational institution.
- Sound administrative experience in a general office or customer service environment.
- Or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience acceptable to the employer.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Sound practical knowledge of the rules, practices and procedures of office and program administration.
- Sound knowledge of general office procedures, filing and record-keeping systems.
- Some knowledge of affordable housing programs and housing clientele.
- Sound knowledge of forms and stationary inventory control.
- Strong problem-solving skills, critical thinking skills and initiative.
- Advanced proficiency with computer applications including scanning and indexing software, custom databases and Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint).
- Good verbal and written communications skills, with solid command of English grammar, punctuation, and spelling.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with good conflict resolution skills.
- Ability to work under pressure in a demanding and dynamic environment.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with staff and the public, demonstrating patience and tolerance
- Ability to exercise tact, diplomacy and good judgment when dealing with a broad range of staff and customers, including individuals of diverse education and cultural backgrounds.
- Ability to work independently, and to contribute and co-operate in a team environment.
- Ability to plan, organize work, meet deadlines, and adapt to competing and critical priorities without compromising the quality of work.
- Excellent attention to detail with ability to maintain quality standards.
- Ability and interest in taking initiative, being flexible, adapting to change and contributing to a team environment.
- Ability to assess and respond quickly and effectively to an incident and/or crisis.
- Ability to type 50 words per minute.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 18 kg.