Senior Civil Technologist
City : EDMONTON
Industry : Materials & Construction
Employer : Stantec
Senior Civil Technologist - ( 24000015 )
Many of the world’s top engineers and scientists come together in our Water business because they view a community’s interaction with water a bit differently—as a single holistic system, rather than unconnected networks divided by jurisdictional boundaries. Working throughout the hydrologic cycle, we are delivering sustainable solutions to make sure water is where it should be and available when needed. Our experts guide our work with scientific rigor, an innovative spirit, and a vision for growth. Every day, we help communities improve, reuse, and protect this precious resource for future generations. By 2025 we’re hiring 2,000 people (like you) to join our team. Grow with us, H2O+U.
Our Alberta North Water Team is currently seeking an experienced and motivated individual to join our team as a Senior Civil Engineering Technologist in Edmonton (AB). This role is ideal for someone looking to grow their design experience by working on a wide variety of private and public engineering projects. The successful candidate will have experience with Civil 3D, AutoCAD, and other technical software and will use their strong technical skills on a variety of design projects. We believe in a team approach, working hard and playing hard, and the satisfaction that comes with providing solutions to complex projects. We provide professional growth and learning opportunities through project delivery and internal/external education. We are client-focused and take great pride in providing value and contributing to project success.
Our team regularly collaborates on projects across North America. The successful candidate should be comfortable working and collaborating on a variety of different projects with team members across North America.
We seek an enthusiastic, self-motivated team player excited about taking on a new challenge. While the successful candidate will be based in our Offices in Edmonton, AB, we do offer flexible hybrid work-from-home/office arrangements.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Coordinate, mentor, and coach junior staff.
- Coordinating project drawings with project managers, technical staff, and others using collaboration software such as BIM 360 or ProjectWise.
- Undertake the design and drafting of site plans and civil engineering structures (including grading, stormwater management, underground utilities, and surface improvements) adhering to Provincial and Municipal standards.
- Performing earthworks calculations using existing topographic data and design surfaces.
- Designing grades, sanitary/storm sewers and water networks based on rough grades according to the appropriate municipal requirements.
- Importing and manipulating survey data.
- Preparing and exporting construction survey layout data.
- Contribute to developing and designing preliminary engineering concepts in the planning phase.
- Perform quantity takeoffs and prepare cost estimates for design projects.
- Prepare as-built record drawings upon project completion.
- Create electronic data files in compliance with Stantec and client requirements.
- Performing model reviews and collaborating with other technical disciplines.
- Ensuring quality control of your work.
- Performing a variety of defined assignments with independent judgment.
- Assisting with project timelines and ensuring deadlines are met.
- Coordinate project drawings with project managers, CAD staff and others.
- Ensure that the projects’ needs are met in a timely and effective manner.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Proficiency in Civil 3D.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel and other MS Office software.
- Experience and understanding of GIS is an asset.
- Experience with Microstation & InRoads would be an asset.
- Experience with BIM 360 and Project Wise would be an asset.
- Experience with Autodesk Recap and AutoTurn would be an asset.
- Effective communication and writing abilities.
- The capability to work independently and consistently deliver high-quality work.
- A positive work ethic and the ability to adapt to various projects.
- Committed to ongoing personal and professional development.
- Strong computer software skills including AutoCAD Civil 3D, Word, Excel & MS Project.
- Familiarity with various municipal & regional design and drafting standards.
- Experience in preliminary design and detailed design associated with municipal infrastructure projects.
- Ability to prioritize multiple responsibilities and projects.
Education and Experience
Certified Engineering Technologist or equivalent technology diploma/experience with a minimum of 10 years of relevant experience.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other’s talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Benefits Summary: Regular full-time and part-time employees will have access to health, dental, and vision plans, a well-being program, health care spending account, wellness spending accounts, group registered retirement savings plan, employee stock purchase program, group tax-free savings account, life and accidental death & dismemberment (AD&D) insurance, short-term/long-term disability plans, emergency travel benefits, tuition reimbursement, professional membership fee coverage, and paid time off.
Temporary/casual employees will have access to group registered retirement savings plan, employee stock purchase program, and group tax-free savings account.
The benefits information listed above may not apply to union positions because benefits for such positions are governed by applicable collective bargaining agreements.
Primary Location : Canada-Alberta-Edmonton
Work Locations :
Organization : BC-1269 Water-CA Delivery
Employee Status : Regular
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Travel : No
Schedule : Full-time
Job Posting : Jan 8, 2024, 6:00:53 AM
Req ID: 24000015
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans