Senior Civil Technologist – Major Projects (Transportation/Roads and Transit)
City : MARKHAM
Industry : Materials & Construction
Employer : Stantec
Senior Civil Technologist – Major Projects (Transportation/Roads and Transit) - ( 230002QU )
We create great places and the connections that get people and goods moving—whether by car, bus, train, plane, or their own two feet. Working within the context of the communities we serve, we provide planning, engineering, and infrastructure management services that fit the needs of our clients and improve the overall transportation experience. Join our team and help us keep communities connected.
Our Markham office is currently seeking a Senior Civil Technologist – Major Projects (Transportation) to join our team, to provide drawing and design leadership on large-scale transportation projects. The individual will be responsible for setting up and maintaining drawings and project documents for traditional design-bid-build, multi-disciplinary Design-Build and P3 projects and pursuits.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Leading the preparation of engineering designs, drawings, and specifications from conceptual through as-built project stages
- Developing and modelling roadway, grading, and public utility designs using industry software (AutoCAD Civil 3D, Infraworks, Microstation (as needed))
- Coordinating designs involved in large-scale, multidisciplinary Transportation projects
- Communicating effectively in writing and speech with staff at all levels including outside consultants and clients
- Providing ongoing support/mentorship and direction for Intermediate and Junior Design Staff (QA/QC, design feedback, technical questions, etc.)
- Auditing and enforcement of project CADD standards
- Preparing engineering calculations (E.g. 3D road design, quantities & costing)
- Organizing and maintaining a design and CADD digital file database for each project
- Other related duties as assigned
Your Capabilities and Credentials
The successful candidate will possess the following:
- Advanced knowledge in AutoCAD Civil 3D (Microstation experience considered an asset)
- BIM experience is considered an asset
- A general understanding of the project delivery process and adjacent disciplines (storm, structural, surveying, etc.)
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written) as well as good relationship building skills with respect to your interactions with team members, clients and contractors
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite including Word and Excel
- Working knowledge of OPSS/OPSD, TAC, OTM, AODA and Transport Canada standards
- Effective organizational and time management skills in handling multiple projects, performing a variety of tasks, and meeting required deadlines while working independently
- Experience with mentoring, coaching and training technical staff
- Member with The Ontario Association of Certified Engineering Technologists and Technicians (C.E.T. certification is considered an asset)
- A strong work ethic with the desire to excel and to achieve
- A self-starter who is able to work unsupervised effectively
Education and Experience
- Civil Engineering Technology diploma from a recognized post-secondary institution or approved equivalent combination of education and experience
- 8 years of CADD drafting/design experience in an engineering consulting environment, preferably Transportation related
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other’s talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Benefits Summary: Full-time and part-time employees will have access to health, dental, and vision plans, a well-being program, health care spending account, wellness spending accounts, group registered retirement savings plan, employee stock purchase program, group tax-free savings account, life and accidental death & dismemberment (AD&D) insurance, short-term/long-term disability plans, emergency travel benefits, tuition reimbursement, professional membership fee coverage, and paid time off.
Temporary/casual employees will have access to group registered retirement savings plan, employee stock purchase program, and group tax-free savings account.
Primary Location : Canada-Ontario-Markham
Organization : BC-1605 Transpt-CA Ontario East
Employee Status : Regular
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Travel : Yes, 10 % of the Time
Schedule : Full-time
Job Posting : Jul 4, 2023, 12:15:25 PM
Req ID: 230002QU
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans