Senior Civil Engineer
City : Burnaby
Industry : Materials & Construction
Employer : Stantec
Senior Civil Engineer - ( 230001A8 )
Working within the context of the communities we serve, we provide planning, engineering, and infrastructure management services that fit the needs of our team. Join our team and help us keep communities connected.
In the capacity of Senior Civil Engineer, you will interface directly with clients and stakeholders to effectively manage project deliverables, with a focus on quality and team collaboration. You will be supporting a number of our interconnected sectors, including transportation, airports, buildings, industrial, pipelines and water teams. A broad range of civil engineering design experience across these sectors is advantageous.
A Senior Civil Engineer has the interpersonal skills to foster a positive team environment, work collaboratively with multiple disciplines and support a culture of safety. Through your broad consulting background, you will perform a variety of tasks which may include design & design management, business planning, project management, client account management, resource planning, proposal writing, and quality management.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Performs complex engineering design tasks on assigned civil projects, as either the Project Civil Lead or Subject Matter Expert, including preparation of engineering calculations, drawings and reports.
- Involved in the permitting process of projects, which may require meeting with clients, contractors and reviewing agency personnel, with the aim of seeking necessary approvals.
- May be responsible for the review and sealing of own projects or the work of the others.
- Manages the design and construction of projects and provides input.
- Supports business development activities, including proposal responses and client account planning
- + Liaise with clients as required.
- Undertake project management of smaller civil discipline-specific assignments.
- Mentoring of and technical development of junior designers and EIT’s
- Performs other duties of a similar nature and level as assigned.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Strong communication skills, including an aptitude for effective leadership and people management.
- Understanding and appreciation of all phases of infrastructure projects, including conventional and alternative delivery methods for public and private clients through all phases of the project life cycle.
- Comprehensive understanding of all phases of project document production.
- Ability to effectively discuss project issues with clients and stakeholders.
- Possesses excellent time-management skills; Thorough understanding of task assignment and schedule, budgeting and efficient use of time and resources.
- Thorough understanding of codes, legal and design requirements in relevant jurisdictions.
- Demonstrated experience with site or linear grading; alignment design; stormwater management; utility servicing (sanitary, water etc.) design; and site layout.
- Multi-sectored experience (including transportation, airports, buildings, industrial, pipelines and water) considered an asset.
- Proficient in Microsoft (MS) Office Suite.
- Strong understanding of relevant design software, which may include AutoCAD, SAP2000, Synchro, AutoTurn, VISSIM, Civil3D, GIS, HEC-RAS, HEC-HMS, StormCAD, WaterCAD, and PondPack.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Civil Engineering or related field & Licensed Professional Engineer (eligible for registration in British Columbia).
- Ideal candidate will have 15 or more years of experience.
- Candidates with at least 10 years of experience may be considered.
Position will primarily work in an office setting; may require some field work.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Primary Location : Canada-British Columbia-Vancouver
Other Locations : Canada-British Columbia-Burnaby
Organization : BC-1158 Transpt-CA British Columbia
Employee Status : Regular
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Travel : Yes, 20 % of the Time
Schedule : Full-time
Job Posting : Mar 16, 2023, 8:48:07 AM
Req ID: 230001A8
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans