Senior Business Systems Analyst (18-month contract)
City : Toronto, ON, CA, M5A3X5
Category : IT Business Analysts
Industry : Finance
Employer : Scotiabank
Requisition ID: 178629
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture.
You will have the opportunity to work on a mobile application. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to join a truly agile environment while utilizing a mobile-first approach. The project will also give the contractor an opportunity to gain visibility to the bank, with a high chance of extension.
Is this role right for you?
- Analyze and develop technical requirements based on solution documentation
- Ensure integrity of business and technical requirements in end-to-end customer journey
- Drive joint application design solutioning sessions with our architecture, development and security architecture teams that inform high-level estimates for large and medium sized incoming initiatives
- Facilitate requirements gathering and design sessions with multiple stakeholders to extract requirements, and turning them into use cases, user stories, sequence diagrams, cheat sheets, etc., whatever is suitable – to meet development and stakeholder needs
- Create, refine and maintain product backlog and associated deliverables; release backlog with forecasted delivery timelines
- Bridge the gap between business and IT, ensuring common understanding and IT/Business alignment of both functional (for business needs) and non-functional requirements (such as reporting, performance, interfaces, and constraints.)
- Help improve and drive our engineering practices by providing valuable inputs and suggestions as to what works well and what can be done better
- Contribute to a collaborative team environment by information sharing and team cooperation
- Demonstrate strong personal values and a commitment to our mission and customers
Do you have the skills that will enable you to succeed in this role?
- 4 + years’ BSA experience working on challenging IT System projects
- 4 + years’ Agile and lean project experience – strong understanding of Agile methodology and process
- Strong technical acumen required – understanding of Mobile and Web Applications and understanding of how queries are written
- Good communication and teamwork skills to work with multiple groups across the bank, gathering requirements
- Bank or FI experience is an asset
- Understanding of digital analytics and project management is an asset
What's in it for you?
- Diversity, Equity, Inclusion & Allyship - We strive to create an inclusive culture where every employee is empowered to reach their fullest potential, respected for who they are, and are embraced through bias-free practices and inclusive values across Scotiabank. We embrace diversity and provide opportunities for all employee to learn, grow & participate through our various Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) that span across diverse gender identities, ethnicity, race, age, ability & veterans.
- Accessibility and Workplace Accommodations - We value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. Scotiabank continues to locate, remove and prevent barriers so that we can build a diverse and inclusive environment while meeting accessibility requirements.
- Remote-friendly work environment will provide you with the flexibility to perform at your best.
- Upskilling through online courses, cross-functional development opportunities, and tuition assistance.
- Competitive Rewards program including bonus, flexible vacation, personal, sick days and benefits will start on day one.
- Dynamic Office - Fully equipped gym, showers, games room, bowling alley, micro market, free tea & coffee, universal washrooms, wellness rooms, and lots of space for team collaboration.
- Community Engagement - no matter where you choose to work from; we offer opportunities for community engagement & belonging with our various programs such as hackathons, contests, cooking with friends, Humans of Digital and much more!
Working location: Hybrid
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.