Senior Business Analyst – Regulatory Reporting, Capital Markets
City : Jersey City, New Jersey, United States of America
Category : Operations
Industry : Financial/Banking
Employer : RBC
Come Work with Us!
At RBC, our culture is deeply supportive and rich in opportunity and reward. You will help our clients thrive and our communities prosper, empowered by a spirit of shared purpose.
Whether you’re helping clients find new opportunities, developing new technology, or providing expert advice to internal partners, you will be doing work that matters in the world, in an environment built on teamwork, service, responsibility, diversity, and integrity.
What is the Opportunity?
US Regulatory Services is responsible for ensuring timely, accurate, and complete reporting to various exchanges, self-regulatory organizations and the SEC. The individual in this role is primarily responsible for day-to-day operational execution to broader planning within this area of expertise. Functions within the team can include remediating issues identified; control and risk management and reporting process improvement; providing support for regulatory change initiatives; and researching and responding to regulatory inquiries and exams. Additionally, the individual will utilize subject matter expertise while representing the department or function at a broader level. Additional responsibilities may include performing user testing for new or existing process enhancements, documenting new procedures related to new reports on-boarded while acting as a go-to-person/escalation point for questions from analysts and other areas. This role may focus on multiple forms of regulatory reporting, such as Electronic Blue Sheets, OATS, LOPR, Short Interest, TRACE, MSRB, CAT and more. The role works closely with several areas of the Firm to support the above functions, including various business groups within the Firm, Compliance, Legal, Finance, and Technology.
What will you do?
- Review and analyze new business, rule changes or system changes that impact reporting processes and perform associated testing / checkouts
- Coordinate the remediation of reporting anomalies (raise JIRAs, document requirements, and perform checkout etc.)
- Develop UAT strategy, document test cases and execute testing of applicable regulatory, business or control changes
- Acts as an effective layer of escalation for junior or less experienced staff on complex issues
- Drive process improvement or re-engineering by identifying and implementing automation opportunities
- Lead the development and implementation of controls to ensure the timeliness, accuracy and completeness of reporting
- Document, revise and maintain procedures as required; ensure team is trained on all procedures
- Produce presentations for a range of stakeholders highlighting achievements, regulatory reporting metrics, regulatory risks and change management initiatives
- Serve as a liaison for Regulatory Services on assigned projects; ensure Regulatory Services is informed of program developments and potential impacts to existing processes and reporting logic
- Lead the development of performance management metrics for the group across daily, weekly, or monthly regulatory reports including: Electronic Blue Sheets, Qualified Financial Contracts (QFC), Listed and OTC Large Option Position Reporting (LOPR), Consolidated Audit Trail (CAT), TRACE, MSRB and others as assigned
What do you need to succeed?
- Bachelor’s Degree or Equivalent Required, preferably in Engineering or Business or a related subject
- Big 4 Consulting / Advisory experience ; At least 4 years preferred
- Strong understanding of financial products (Equities, Listed Derivatives, Fixed Income, and/or OTC Derivatives) and US regulatory reporting requirements
- Understanding of complex options trading to include options allocations
- Strong understanding of the trade life cycle (Orders, Executions, Allocations) required
- Understanding of Middle Office Trade Processing
- Strong proficiency in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Visio
- Proficiency with Broadridge and Fidessa is preferred
- Understanding of trade/transaction data warehousing and reference data sourcing
- Technical mindset with basic understanding of SQL and VBA a plus
- Requires excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to build strong working relationships with people at all organizational levels
- Ability to work well under pressure, adapt to unexpected events, prioritize and multi-task, while maintaining high standards in a deadline driven environment
- High attention to detail
- Ability to solve problems quickly and efficiently
- Demonstrated dependability and sense of urgency about getting results
- Must have excellent judgment, professionalism and integrity
- Team player with a positive attitude
What’s in it for you?
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
- A comprehensive Total Rewards Program including bonuses and flexible benefits, competitive compensation, commissions, and stock where applicable
- Leaders who support your development through coaching and managing opportunities
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team
- Opportunities to do challenging work
- Opportunities to building close relationships with clients
The good-faith expected salary range for the above position is $80,000 - $135,000 depending on factors including but not limited to the candidate’s experience, skills, registration status; market conditions; and business needs. This salary range does not include other elements of total compensation, including a discretionary bonus and benefits such as a 401(k) program with company-matching contributions; health, dental, vision, life and disability insurance; and paid time-off plan.
RBC’s compensation philosophy and principles recognize the importance of a highly qualified global workforce and plays a critical role in attracting, engaging and retaining talent that:
- Drives RBC’s high performance culture
- Enables collective achievement of our strategic goals
- Generates sustainable shareholder returns and above market shareholder value
Inclusion and Equal Opportunity Employment
At RBC, we embrace diversity and inclusion for innovation and growth. We are committed to building inclusive teams and an equitable workplace for our employees to bring their true selves to work. We are taking actions to tackle issues of inequity and systemic bias to support our diverse talent, clients and communities.
We also strive to provide an accessible candidate experience for our prospective employees with different abilities. Please let us know if you need any accommodations during the recruitment process.
Join our Talent Community
Stay in-the-know about great career opportunities at RBC. Sign up and get customized info on our latest jobs, career tips and Recruitment events that matter to you.
Expand your limits and create a new future together at RBC. Find out how we use our passion and drive to enhance the well-being of our clients and communities at rbc.com/careers.