Senior Business Analyst, GHR PMO
City : Toronto, ON, CA, M5H1H1
Category : Business and Financial Operations
Industry : Finance
Employer : Scotiabank
Requisition ID: 178372
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture.
The Sr. Business Analyst is responsible for the complete business analysis project lifecycle. They will work hand in hand with the Project Manager and business subject matter experts (SMEs) to define scope, elicit business needs, and translate those into business functional and non-functional requirements using proven techniques. They will drive and document all requirements regarding current and future state, system enhancements, process change improvements, regulatory and compliance requirements and unique business and client experience needs. During the requirements management cycle, the incumbent identifies opportunities for operational efficiencies, manages and maintains requirements and scope from initiation right through to final implementation. The successful candidate will contribute to the overall success of Global HR by ensuring specific individual goals, plans and initiatives are executed and delivered in support of the team’s business strategies and objectives. They will also ensure all activities conducted are in compliance with governing regulations, internal policies and procedures.
- Defining and managing scope throughout the project life cycle. Understanding the business objective(s) and the possible solutions; provides valuable insight to ensure the critical features are defined correctly and that unnecessary features are omitted while adhering to the needs of the Business Objective and the Project
- Business Requirements Management including:
- Facilitating requirements gathering sessions with Business SME’s and highlighting areas of expertise that may be missing in order to further refine the requirements. The BA will ensure that the needs of the Business and Project objective are considered and document them in a standardized format.
- Assist the business SME in process design. Model and document business and user requirements in user stories, workflows, processes and business rules
- Interacts with system and product owners to validate requirements and their implementation
- Root cause and gap analysis and the design of future state workflow processes and procedures and analyzes system flows.
- Determining business impact for changes in processes and procedures
- Defining system application requirements for modifications to existing processes, or the creation of new applications and/or processes
- Bridge the gap between the business requirements and the technical requirements
- Implementation of operational effectiveness plans and solutions
- Serving as a representative of the business and advocate for the business stakeholder (s) to limit the impact of their potential absence on the project.
- Assisting with testing and testing documentation including preparing a requirements traceability matrix, reviewing test cases/scenario’s and becoming an integral part of the testing life cycle by triaging defects and mapping them back to the requirements/scope
- Knowledge Transfer documentation including playbooks, standardizing artifacts and operational handover support models
- Assists with change management strategies and facilitate or support training needs
- May be requested to consult on strategies, recommendations, business benefits and implementation as the key contact and gatekeeper of scope and business requirements
- Champions a customer focused culture to deepen client relationships and leverage broader Bank relationships, systems and knowledge.
Experience / Education:
• Professional qualifications: IIBA Certified Business Analysis Professional (CBAP) required
• PMI Professional in Business Analysis (PMI-PBA) would be an asset
• Post-secondary degree in Human Resource, Business (Operations), Science, Engineering or HR Technology is an asset
• Excellent oral, written and presentation communication skills
• Lean Six Sigma (Green Belt) and DFSS concepts and principles
• Strong critical thinking skills
• Competence in systematically solving problems using appropriate process improvement methodologies to analyze complex data/information from different cross-functional teams, both locally and globally
• Excellent math abilities and working knowledge of data analysis/statistical methods
• Sound judgement to evaluate and analyze information, and effectively resolve issues
• Familiarity with related software programs (such MS Visio, Minitab, Power BI, Excel, JIRA, etc.)
• Programming skills and Python would be an asset
• Knowledge of Human Resource policies, procedures, systems, and operational processes would be an asset
• Fluency in Spanish would be an asset
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.