Senior Business Analyst – EIP Program
City : Toronto, NY, US, 10281
Category : Business and Financial Operations
Industry : Finance
Employer : Scotiabank
Requisition ID: 175269
Salary Range: -
Please note that the Salary Range shown is a guideline only. Salary offered may vary based on factors, including, but not limited to, the successful candidate’s relevant knowledge, skills, and experience.
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture.
Scotiabank’s Compliance Transformation Program is seeking a Senior Business Analyst (BA) to join our team. We are building a leading, best-in-class Global Compliance function to maintain customer trust, deliver efficiencies across business units, and to be trusted advisors and partners to protect the Bank’s reputation and strengthen Scotiabank’s overall Compliance program.
We are looking to grow our pool of dedicated professionals with expertise in the design and implementation of global monitoring solutions across several technologies. Business Analysis will contribute to the overall success of the design and implementation of a sustainable global solution. The Senior BA will be tasked with relevant activities that ensure compliance with governing regulations and internal policies and procedures.
The Senior Business Analyst will collaborate with subject matter experts, stakeholders, internal technical teams, and external vendors to drive varying processes within the Central Compliance Program resulting in the development of documentation throughout the product life cycle (such as business requirements, functional requirements, process maps, test case development and roadmaps).
- Develop a deep understanding of the complexity of Compliance projects to enhance monitoring programs such as information barriers, watch and restricted lists, personal trading, and outside business activities.
- Conduct information gathering workshops with users to gather and formally document business requirements.
- Document business requirements (using various methodologies such as defining Epics, Use cases and User Stories).
- Assist in the creation of test cases and support User Acceptance Testing.
- Support implementing technical solutions for Compliance monitoring programs as part of a wider team.
- Develop productive relationships with key stakeholders.
- Research developing trends and best practices and determine implications for using proposed technologies to meet business unit strategy.
- Understand how the Bank’s risk appetite and risk culture should be considered in day-to-day activities and decisions.
- Champion a customer focused culture to deepen client relationships and leverage broader Bank relationships, systems, and knowledge.
- Champion a high-performance environment and contribute to an inclusive work environment.
- Any other duties as assigned.
- At least 8 years of experience as a Business Analyst professional.
- At least 5 years of experience specializing in business processes and systems to document future state business processes and write user stories with detailed user acceptance criteria.
- Experience managing or mentoring a small team of Business Analysts.
- Proven leadership in eliciting and documenting requirements including data, business process and business object modeling, interviewing and user interface design and testing.
- Experience in the Financial services industry; specifically, with monitoring programs for a Control Room or a Personal Conflicts team (such as information barriers, watch and restricted lists, personal trading, and outside business activities) and associated technology implementations.
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving, and troubleshooting skills.
- Strong communication, organizational, and interpersonal skills including but not limited to presentation, prioritization, effective time management and conflict management.
- Experience working with Visio, Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, JIRA, and Confluence.
- Demonstrated leadership and analytical abilities.
- Highly motivated individual who is creative, results-oriented, and eager to learn.
- Post-secondary graduate of Business, Technology, or related discipline.
- Willing and able to adapt to changes in the work environment, manage competing demands, deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Bilingual (Spanish) is a plus, but not a requirement.
- Experience with the MCO (My Compliance Office) application is a plus, but not a requirement.
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.