Senior Business Analyst
City : Vancouver
Industry : Materials & Construction
Employer : Stantec
Senior Business Analyst - ( 230001MK )
Grow with the best. Join a smart, creative, and inspired team that accomplishes operational excellence. Bringing together individuals with diverse backgrounds, talents, and expertise, our 26,000 team members in over 400 locations worldwide are vital to making our Company stronger.
Stantec Digital Solutions is a unique consulting team. We pride ourselves on being customer obsessed and highly focused on Digital Engineering transformation. If you have the ability to creatively leverage new and innovative technologies to successfully implement solutions for our clients, then we need you! A successful candidate will have the opportunity to develop and maintain a vision for our products and communicate that vision to the team as a Senior Business Analyst (BA). This Business Analyst will work as part of the Digital Solutions Product Management Team while working with solution architects and development teams to ensure that business, quality, and functional goals are met with each product release. BA’s are responsible for the design, usability, quality and delivery of a product or feature by executing Stantec’s Development Operations (SDO) process. The BA defines the Requirements & Design of the product release and is ultimately responsible for representing the end user’s needs.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Leverage new technologies to create innovative solutions to engineering related projects and tasks.
- Coordinate with Digital Solutions team members using fit for purpose project methodologies.
- Collaborate with product architect and product marketing teams to execute Stantec’s SDO & SD2O process including business requirements, user stories & design specifications for the development teams to implement.
- Support product and project managers, as well as sprint teams, developing Project Plan details including scope, schedule & budget and coordinate Sprints/project execution intervals.
- Develop and maintain an appropriately prioritized backlog of user stories for implementation.
- Develop data and process flow diagrams for existing products as well as for proposed features.
- Analyze product pain points and aid in identifying opportunities for improvement.
- Work with product and project managers and technical leads to determine scope and priorities for product development cycles.
- Work with development teams to ensure that they understand the vision for the product and are designing great features for our partners.
- Develop appropriately detailed specifications for product features so that they are clearly understood by the development teams.
- Inspire and motivate the development teams to deliver innovative and exciting solutions with an appropriate sense of urgency.
- Support in the maintenance and refinement of the Digital Solutions Knowledgebase.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Creativity is key!
- Solid understanding of new and existing development platforms.
- Strong communication skills.
- Willingness to experiment & learn.
- Strong understanding of application & database development best practices.
- Experience working with a development team.Familiarity with traditional engineering tools such as AutoDesk & ESRIKnowledge of Agile Scrum is preferred.
Education and Experience
- Undergraduate degree in Computer Science, GIS, or related field.6 years’ experience in a Business Analyst role.Experience in the AEC Industry is preferred.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other’s talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Benefits Summary: Full-time and part-time employees will have access to health, dental, and vision plans, a well-being program, health care spending account, wellness spending accounts, group registered retirement savings plan, employee stock purchase program, group tax-free savings account, life and accidental death & dismemberment (AD&D) insurance, short-term/long-term disability plans, emergency travel benefits, tuition reimbursement, professional membership fee coverage, and paid time off.
Temporary/casual employees will have access to group registered retirement savings plan, employee stock purchase program, and group tax-free savings account.
Primary Location : Canada-Alberta-Edmonton
Other Locations : Canada-Manitoba-Winnipeg, Canada-Alberta-Calgary, Canada-Nova Scotia-Dartmouth, Canada-Ontario-Waterloo, Canada-British Columbia-Vancouver
Organization : BC-1299 Innovation-Digital Solutions-Canada
Employee Status : Regular
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Travel : No
Schedule : Full-time
Job Posting : Apr 10, 2023, 11:55:27 AM
Req ID: 230001MK
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans