Senior Bridge Engineer
City : Waterloo
Industry : Materials & Construction
Employer : Stantec
Senior Bridge Engineer - ( 220001GL )
We create great places and the connections that get people and goods moving—whether by car, bus, train, plane, or their own two feet. Working within the context of the communities we serve, we provide planning, engineering, and infrastructure management services that fit the needs of our clients and improve the overall transportation experience. Join our team and help us keep communities connected.
Stantec is currently seeking a Senior Bridge Engineer to join our transportation team in Hamilton, London, or Waterloo. You will have the opportuniyt to work on and lead a variety of transportation projects, anthing from highway to rail work. Candidates will need to have a strong bridge design background and have the ability to lead complex projects. You will be leading proposal development, client presentations and work plan preparation; engineering design and team management; project scope, schedule, and budget management; coordination with other disciplines and team resources; lead the technical preparation of bridge designs; conduct quality management; contribute to business planning, proposal preparation and account management.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Plan, execute, and control the structural portion of various highway, transit, and rail projects through all phases from proposal preparation, project kick-off, preliminary design, detailed design, tendering, construction, contract administration and validation
- Develop design plans, technical specifications, and construction cost estimates
- Prepare, check and deliver engineering calculations, reports and technical studies
- Guide and mentor junior and intermediate staff
- Develop and present information to clients and the public
- Carry out constructability reviews during the design of conventionally procured projects
- Provide bridge construction engineering expertise, including review and design of Accelerated Bridge Construction techniques in design-build projects or conventional procurement projects
- Work with other transportation design professionals and teams to complete projects
- Build a strong culture of quality design and teamwork
- Manage all aspects of assigned projects to achieve the Client’s prescribed scope, time, cost and quality objectives through the application of formal project management process, techniques, and procedures
- Coordinate the efforts of a multi-disciplinary team (internal staff, external consultants, contractors and suppliers), while ensuring the quality of design to achieve the Client’s objectives consistent with the scope of services to be provided
- Additional duties may include assisting the transportation leadership with project pursuits and proposal preparation
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Strong knowledge of Canadian Highway Bridge Design Code and MTO design manuals and standards
- Experience with MTO design requirements and specifications
- Experience in a bridge engineering technical lead role
- Effective communication skills are essential, including experience in report and proposal preparation
- Working knowledge of CAD software and collaborative tools such as Autodesk or BlueBeam
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- Experience in structural inspection, condition surveys and construction supervision is an asset
- Experience in project management on transportation projects would be considered an asset
Education and Experience
University degree in Civil Engineering with a specialization in the field of bridge design and construction. A Professional Engineer (P.Eng.) is required with a minimum of fifteen (15) years demonstrated experience with bridge engineering responsibilities.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Primary Location : Canada-Ontario-Stoney Creek
Other Locations : Canada-Ontario-London, Canada-Ontario-Waterloo
Job : Structural Engineer Management
Organization : BC-1650 Transportation-CA Ontario West
Employee Status : Regular
Job Level : Manager
Travel : Yes, 10 % of the Time
Schedule : Full-time
Job Posting : Apr 20, 2022, 7:36:15 AM
Req ID: 220001GL
Vaccine Policy: Stantec requires some positions in North America to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 subject to reasonable accommodation to the extent required by law because of a medical reason or a sincerely held religious belief.
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans