Senior BIM Manager
City : Thornhill, ON
Category : T&I - Highways, Bridges & Roads
Industry : Engineering
Employer : WSP
WSP is currently initiating a search for a Senior BIM Manager – Bridges, Highways and Roads with responsibility for implementation of the integrated digital delivery offering at WSP for the Transportation and Infrastructure business line. This position will assist Team leads in developing new digital delivery strategies and automation tools, engage in BIM workflow development and platform applications and digital delivery oversight on projects, develop BIM training materials, standards, and promote BIM within Bridges Highways and Roads. This role will participate in the development of digital delivery strategies through all phases of planning, design, construction and asset management. This position will work closely with other team members in modelling, analysis, simulation, data management, systems interface, and application programming interface to provide project-level solutions for transportation clients, assisting them to demonstrate lifecycle value of digital delivery through the implementations of digital solutions like digital twins.
- We value and are committed to upholding a culture of Inclusion and Belonging
- Our Flexible Work Policy – we recognize the importance of balance in our lives and encourage you to prioritize the balance in yours. We will support you on and off the job so you can be fully present in both your work and home lives.
- Our Hybrid Work Policy - a combination of in-person and remote working, enables us to purposefully think of how we work, who we need to work with, and where the work should be done.
- A Canadian success story - we're proud to wear the red and white of this beautiful country and show the world what Canada has to offer.
- Enhance the world around you - from the environment to the highways, to the buildings and the terrain, WSP is the fabric of Canada.
- Outstanding career opportunities - we're growing and pushing ourselves every day to be greater than yesterday - we're open to your ideas and trying new things.
- A phenomenal collaborative culture and a workforce filled with genuinely good people who are doing humbly important work. Come find out for yourself what it's like to be a part of our journey.
We offer attractive pay, flexible work options, a great corporate culture, comprehensive and employee-focused benefits including virtual healthcare and a wellness platform as well as great savings programs, and a clear vision for the future.
A day in the life:
- Work with the organization to implement digital delivery strategies, worksflows, tools and applications - and help promote BIM technology as new ways of working to deliver our designs smartly, efficiently and accurately, and build the foundation toward a purposeful Digital Delivery capability.
- Assist Team Leads in developing BIM templates, libraries, automation tools, training materials to enable WSP to meet the changing needs of their clients.
- Deployment of model-centric workflows and develop specifications of the information requirements on projects.
- Design and implementation of asset information management requirements that unlock the information value chain across a client's enterprise and enhances traditional working methods.
- Development of project BIM Execution Plans and strategies.
- Perform additional responsibilities as required by business needs.
What you'll bring to WSP ...
- College, bachelor’s or post graduate degree in Civil Engineering or related field with 7 to 10 years of postgraduate experience in CAD and BIM/BrIM.
- Expert abilities in Autodesk AutoCAD, Revit, Microstation, OpenRoads, OpenBridge;
- Strong technical abilities to work with various software packages (i.e. Autodesk infraworks, Bentley OpenBridge, CAD, Microsoft Office);
- Knowledge of a wide range of 3D design, modeling, and cloud-based integration platforms, including Bentley, Autodesk, Microsoft Azure, etc.
- Be open minded, collaborative and retain a strong sense of team.
- Strong communication and organization skills