Senior Audit Manager, Compliance (Spanish)
City : Toronto, ON, CA, M5H1H1
Category : Accountant and Auditor
Industry : Finance
Employer : Scotiabank
Requisition ID: 175645
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture.
Provide independent, objective assessment and evaluation of the effectiveness of the Global Compliance Function and internal controls in place to mitigate regulatory risk related to International Banking and Corporate Functions. Accountable for assisting the VP and Director in the design and execution of the Annual Audit Strategy and Annual Plan covering the Bank’s Regulatory Compliance Management program, including supporting the VP in developing and executing strategy for the Compliance Centre of Excellence (CoE). This includes participating in and / or coordinating audits with Business Line, Corporate Functions and Country audit teams to ensure appropriate coverage. The incumbent will act as Officer-in-Charge (OIC) (or in some cases as Audit Principal) on audit engagements and is responsible for managing the planning, execution, and reporting of assigned audits in accordance with department standards.
- Contributing member of the Global Compliance Centre of Excellence
- Assists in the development of CoE Program including International Banking and Corporate Functions through the roll-out of a global audit program that ensures a consistent approach to audits of regulatory compliance risk across Audit Division.
- Execute audits of the Compliance function including as it relates to International Banking and/or Corporate Functions to formulate a periodic opinion on the effectiveness of the function in managing the regulatory compliance obligations across Scotiabank.Liaises with Country/Business Audit teams to ensure consistency in audit coverage and execution.
- Liaises with Country/Business Line/Corporate Functions Audit teams to ensure consistency in audit coverage and execution.
- Incorporate the results of audits executed by Business Line/Country audit teams to ensure adequate coverage across the 8 pillars of Compliance.
- Report on Compliance thematic results of audits led and executed by Business Line/Country/Corporate Functions audit teams.
- Identifies and communicates key regulatory compliance changes and trends/themes.
- Assists the Director and VP in the development and management of the Compliance Audit Plan:
- Executes the Audit Plan and updates the Risk Assessment Database as required
- Maintains a thorough understanding of compliance risks and processes. This includes keeping abreast of key industry developments, regulatory changes, and identifies key systemic issues (arising from audits across International Banking, Corporate Functions and globally) and internal changes that will impact the annual audit plan and/or quarterly Audit Committee reporting
- Participates in the audit coverage build for regulatory obligations and assists to develop consistent approach/ minimum standards for regulatory compliance audits to be executed by business line, corporate function and country audit teams to enable Audit to assess the state of Regulatory Compliance risk on an ongoing basis
- Participates and assists with the coverage, execution, assessment of regulatory compliance audits related to International Banking and Corporate Functions
- Executes the quarterly Compliance continuous monitoring program
- Build and maintain effective relationships as well as drive engagement and communication with key stakeholders globally across audit groups, business lines and control functions.
- Assist to develop tactical strategies for increasing the use of data analytics to drive effective annual planning / risk assessment, continuous monitoring, and engagement / project execution.
- Executes audits of the Global Compliance Functions, Enterprise and International Banking Compliance, Corporate Functions Compliance and special investigations / assignments. This includes ensuring that audit planning, execution, and reporting are managed in accordance to agreed timelines, and department standards.
- Executes testing for certain regulatory requirements where centralized testing is a preferred approach
- Supports the Director representing Audit across Compliance and/or Conduct Risk committees
- Manages self-development by confirming job expectations, and develops and manages his / her own personal development plan
- Helps to create an environment in which his / her team pursues effective and efficient operations of their respective areas in accordance with Scotiabank's Values, its Code of Conduct and the Global Sales Principles, while ensuring the adequacy, adherence to and effectiveness of day-to-day business controls to meet obligations with respect to operational, compliance, AML/ATF / sanctions and conduct risk.
- Contributes to a high-performance environment that attracts, retains, develops and motivates their team by fostering an inclusive work environment, using a coaching mindset and behaviors, and communicating vison / values / business strategy.
Education / Experience / Other Information
- 8+ years’ experience in Compliance or related field covering Compliance functions (e.g., internal audit, consulting regulatory experience, data analytics)
- Working knowledge of the Bank's Compliance framework, structure, programs, key regulations/regulators, and systems
- Accounting designations / technical / professional qualifications (CPA, CFA, CIM, etc.), post-graduate degree in business, finance, economics, accountancy or any other relevant area would be an asset
- Experience with a global regulator (OSFI, PRA, MAS, etc.) would be an asset
- Knowledge of audit processes and methodologies
- Expert knowledge of MS Access, Excel, Visio, Word and Tableau
- Proven track record of training / presenting to large stakeholder groups
- Ability to write clearly and concisely
- Strong strategic, analytical, problem-solving and critical thinking skills
- A self-starter / takes initiative, deals well with ambiguity, is detail-oriented
- Thrives in a dynamic team-oriented environment
- Fluency (writing and speaking) in Spanish language required
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.