Senior Asset Integrity Engineer
City : Edmonton
Industry : Materials & Construction
Employer : Stantec
Senior Asset Integrity Engineer - ( 2300029I )
Our Energy team is currently seeking a Senior Asset Integrity Engineer to join our Integrity group.
The primary role of the role of the Integrity Engineer is to support the integrity department working on traditional and Energy Transition-related infrastructure projects. These include integrity-related projects for pipelines, facilities, and terminals. This individual will provide leadership on integrity management activities such as corrosion or damage assessments, conducting QA/QC reviews of data, analysis of pipeline ILI data, engineering assessments, fitness-for-service assessments, Finite Element Analysis, welding engineering, and internal corrosion mitigation practices. The candidate may be required to participate in the development of new analytical tools or innovative approaches to integrity challenges.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Create industry best-practices,
- Provide technical leadership in pipeline, piping, and facility inspection, assessment, and condition monitoring projects,
- Take on new projects related to low-carbon fuels,
- Complete project charters and project management plans for Asset Integrity projects as well as coordinating and managing projects when required,
- Provide technical leadership, guidance, and mentorship to junior staff in all Asset Integrity related tasks including threat assessments, consequence assessments, risk assessments, and integrity, engineering, and fitness-for-service assessments,
- Review data obtained as part of condition monitoring and NDT evaluations of crack and corrosion features,
- Analysis and knowledge of pipeline ILI tool data, reporting and program development.
- Fill a technical advisory role to Stantec’s Pipeline and Facilities groups for assessment of piping defects such as metal loss due to corrosion or damage, as well as during the design phase,
- Ensure compliance with applicable Canadian and US codes and standards and recommend best practices to project and client personnel,
- Be familiar with and ensure appropriate reference material is utilized,
- Be a technical leader for pipeline and pressure equipment and/or pressure vessels and piping design and integrity assessment considering internal pressure, geotechnical and thermal loading,
- Execute studies and develop reports,
- Coordinate field work as required,
- Liaise with Integrity Team Leaders and Stantec’s Engineering divisions,
- Assist with developing project-hour estimates and subsequently monitor team progress against budgets, initiating appropriate notification and/or corrective actions as needed,
- Involvement in research-style activities including the development of internal projects, literature searches, and the use of modern and innovative techniques to solve our client’s challenging problems,
- Assist in the development of new revenue sources through internal research projects, development of work practices, marketing, conferences, journal articles, and business development activities,
- Fitness-for-service assessments of pipelines, piping, pressure vessels, and tanks,
- Excellent written and oral communication skills,
- Knowledge of project management principles and ability to conduct project scoping, budgeting, and scheduling an asset.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Willingness to lead and mentor junior team members with varied technical backgrounds,
- Experienced with applicable Canadian and US standards, practices and applicable legislation and codes,
- Technical proficiency in conducting Fitness for Service and Risk Assessments,
- Technical proficiency in supporting Integrity Management Plans,
- Well organized and experience in planning activities and meet multiple project workloads and schedules,
- Superior technical proficiency in writing technical documents and project reports,
- Strong interpersonal, communication, analytical and problem-solving skills are essential,
- Strong facilitator, ability to influence and collaborate across organizational boundaries.
- Ability to meet deadlines and deliver detailed accurate reports. Ability to work and set priorities with minimal supervision,
- Demonstrated initiative, leadership, and self-motivation,
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office, Python / R, and other software tools,
- Experience working with industry standards CSA, API, ASME, NACE, ASME BPVC, BS and ASME B31 series,
- Working experience with Energy Transition-related infrastructure projects,
- In depth subject matter expertise related to several of fitness for service assessment (i.e., cracking, corrosion, weld fault, geohazard, hydrotechnical hazard assessment), engineering assessment, materials, welding, forensic investigation, and Industry recognition as a subject matter expert in energy sector.
Education and Experience
- Minimum B.Sc. in Mechanical Engineering or Materials / Metallurgical or preferred,
- 12 years’ work experience related to integrity within the Canadian oil and gas and Energy industry, and Energy Transition-related projects is an asset.
- P. Eng. status recognized by APEGA, and qualifications recognized by AMPP/NACE, ASM, API preferred.
Typical office environment working with computers; Stantec offers a flexible work environment (a hybrid model of working in the office and at home).
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other’s talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.The experience will forever shape your future. #FeelingEnergized
We would like to thank all candidates that apply; however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
Benefits Summary: Full-time and part-time employees will have access to health, dental, and vision plans, a well-being program, health care spending account, wellness spending accounts, group registered retirement savings plan, employee stock purchase program, group tax-free savings account, life and accidental death & dismemberment (AD&D) insurance, short-term/long-term disability plans, emergency travel benefits, tuition reimbursement, professional membership fee coverage, and paid time off.
Temporary/casual employees will have access to group registered retirement savings plan, employee stock purchase program, and group tax-free savings account.
Primary Location : Canada-Alberta-Calgary
Other Locations : Canada-Alberta-Edmonton
Organization : BC-1109 Energy-CA Alberta South
Employee Status : Regular
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Travel : Yes, 10 % of the Time
Schedule : Full-time
Job Posting : May 25, 2023, 7:48:41 AM
Req ID: 2300029I
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans