Senior Applications Support Analyst (Oracle)
City : TORONTO, Ontario, Canada
Category : Technology | Analytics | Research
Industry : Financial/Banking
Employer : RBC
Come Work with Us!
At RBC, our culture is deeply supportive and rich in opportunity and reward. You will help our clients thrive and our communities prosper, empowered by a spirit of shared purpose.
Whether you’re helping clients find new opportunities, developing new technology, or providing expert advice to internal partners, you will be doing work that matters in the world, in an environment built on teamwork, service, responsibility, diversity, and integrity.
What is the opportunity?
Finance IT is a global technology function responsible for providing operational and change services to enterprise-wide and business-aligned Finance functions. The Global Application Services team comprises over 60 staff who provide a range of operational, support and technical services across a global portfolio of almost 100 Finance IT-owned applications. The technology stack spans UNIX, Windows and various databases including Oracle, Sybase and SQL Server – many applications are business critical with stringent operational SLAs. As a Senior Applications Support Analyst, You will play a key role in preventing and resolving production disruptions, manage risk, improve support effectiveness and continually improve technical processes.
What will you do?
• Act as a technical troubleshooter across the Finance IT application portfolio to ensure accurate and timely resolution of incidents
• Manage and Resolve production incidents raised by Application users to ensure closure within SLA
• Actively monitor application incident queues and liaise with assigned analyst on incident status to ensure there is progress in incident resolution
• Log and continuously review incidents for trends and common root causes
• Ensure process to mitigate, remedy and prevent recurrences of outages are understood by team members
• Continuously review and recommend enhancements and production optimization opportunities for deployment
• 1-2 years’ Oracle Application support experience
• 2-3 years' experience in a high pressure multi-technology environment in production support
• Ability to analyze, troubleshoot and resolve production incidents
• Strong communication and Interpersonal skills in order to provide status updates to business and IT management
• A good working knowledge programming languages and relational databases (e.g. UNIX scripts, SQL Server, DB2)
• Understanding of SRE
What’s in it for you?
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
- A comprehensive Total Rewards Program including bonuses and flexible benefits, competitive compensation, commissions, and stock where applicable
- Leaders who support your development through coaching and managing opportunities
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team
- Flexible work/life balance options
- Opportunities to take on progressively greater accountabilities
- Access to a variety of job opportunities across business and geographies
- This is a hybrid opportunity
Inclusion and Equal Opportunity Employment
At RBC, we embrace diversity and inclusion for innovation and growth. We are committed to building inclusive teams and an equitable workplace for our employees to bring their true selves to work. We are taking actions to tackle issues of inequity and systemic bias to support our diverse talent, clients and communities.
We also strive to provide an accessible candidate experience for our prospective employees with different abilities. Please let us know if you need any accommodations during the recruitment process.
Join our Talent Community
Stay in-the-know about great career opportunities at RBC. Sign up and get customized info on our latest jobs, career tips and Recruitment events that matter to you.
Expand your limits and create a new future together at RBC. Find out how we use our passion and drive to enhance the well-being of our clients and communities at rbc.com/careers.