Senior Application Support Specialist
City : Toronto, ON, CA, M5H4A6
Category : Computer Software Engineer, Applications
Industry : Financial Services/Banking
Employer : Scotiabank
Requisition ID: 192647
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture.
The Global Wholesale and Risk Technology Team is a crucial part of the Global Technologies Applications team. This is an opportunity to work in the exciting world of Capital markets. We are looking for a Senior Application Support Specialist to join this dynamic team.
You will get the chance to contribute, support & deliver solutions to Scotiabank’s Fixed Income Trading & Sales desks across North America. The team is responsible for managing applications that offer pricing, risk, electronic / algorithmic trading, and trade capture functionalities to the Business.
Is this role right for you? In this role you will:
- The role will involve 1st line application support responsibilities, offering engagement with a broad range of stakeholders across Front & Middle Office, Product Control, Risk Management, Back Office, Application Development and Infrastructure teams.
- Play a key role and ensure smooth running of Scotiabank’s Fixed Income, Front Office Trading business in Toronto on a day-to-day basis. Candidates will need to be customer service centric with a good balance of communication, business and technical skills.
- Ensure incident and change management processes are executed as mandated, partnering with various internal teams and divisions for reporting purposes and to develop necessary improvements for improved operational efficiencies, reduced costs and improved customer satisfaction.
- Manage resolution of service delivery - escalate issues, lead service recovery teams, ensure that root cause analysis is conducted.
- Ensure internal support processes are understood, documented, validated, updated & communicated to key stakeholders.
- Timely reporting, with respect to: Support Status; Incident Management; Time Management.
- Provide afterhours support via an on-call pager on a rotational basis especially for application releases during a maintenance window or for other maintenance activities
Do you have the skills that will enable you to succeed in this role? We’d love to work with you if you have:
- Unix/Linux and Windows strong working knowledge
- Strong experience with log analysis, monitoring applications, and vendor application analysis tools
- Solid understanding of financial markets and products, in particular Fixed Income & Rates
- A strong focus on client service and delivery with trading desk facing experience
- Knowledge of ION Trading Systems, particularly ION MarketView, (PXE, Refdata, Trading Server, etc.) and Anvil
- Working knowledge of various Bloomberg tools (calculators, security lookup, etc.)
- Experience supporting trading systems and how trades flow front to back. Should be comfortable assessing trading systems/components to investigate trade breaks, connectivity, and data issues
- Python / SQL Scripting experience (nice to have)
What's in it for you?
- We have an inclusive and collaborative working environment that encourages creativity, curiosity, and celebrates success!
- We provide you with the tools and technology needed to create beautiful customer experiences.
- You'll get to work with and learn from diverse industry leaders, who have hailed from top technology companies around the world
- Onsite cafeteria.
- Dress codes don't apply here, being comfortable does.
- We offer a competitive total rewards package that includes a base salary, a performance bonus, company matching programs (pension & profit sharing), generous vacation, personal & sick days, personal development funding, maternity leave top-up, parental leave and much more.
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.