Senior Application Support Analyst, High Value Payments Solutions
City : TORONTO, Ontario, Canada
Category : Technology | Analytics | Research
Industry : Financial/Banking
Employer : RBC
Come Work with Us!
At RBC, our culture is deeply supportive and rich in opportunity and reward. You will help our clients thrive and our communities prosper, empowered by a spirit of shared purpose.
Whether you’re helping clients find new opportunities, developing new technology, or providing expert advice to internal partners, you will be doing work that matters in the world, in an environment built on teamwork, service, responsibility, diversity, and integrity.
What is the opportunity?
The High Value Payments Solutions team within the RBC Enterprise Payments Technology group is seeking an experienced Senior Production Support Analyst to join our team. In this role, you will support multiple mission critical applications that are part of the high value payments workflow, ensuring timely resolution of production issues. You will be an essential part of building our team’s knowledge base, forming our processes, and setting team norms. The ideal candidate will show strong initiative, take end-to-end ownership of production support issues, and demonstrate excellent problem solving and communication skills.
What will you do?
- Coordinate investigation of high-severity production support incidents across multiple interfacing applications and infrastructure teams, actively participate in root cause analysis, document resolution procedures, and conduct post-incident reviews with stakeholders
- Develop, communicate, and execute action plans to prevent and/or mitigate the risk of repeat outages, while building and maintaining a Production Support Knowledge Base to catalog incidents and problem resolution procedures
- Liaise between Operations, Business users, and Application Development teams for defect analysis and resolution
- Analyze issue trends, recommend strategies to increase resilience and robustness, and remediate gaps in application monitoring and problem detection by improving integration with DevOps and SRE tools, enhancing application monitoring and reporting, and implementing industry best practices
- Manage application deployments in accordance with RBC’s change management policies
- Provide 24/7 Level 2 on-call support on a rotational basis to troubleshoot, track and resolve production issues for mission critical Java applications deployed into a cloud platform
- Minimum 2-3 years of Production Support experience supporting mission critical applications
- Proficiency working with Java, SQL and Oracle
- Experience with cloud applications and platforms - Spring, Spring Boot, Cloud Foundry, and OpenShift
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral for presentations, technical write-ups and facilitation tasks
- Strong analytical, problem solving, and decision-making skills and ability to multi-task and prioritize own and teamwork
- Availability for 24/7 on-call support on a rotational basis
Nice to have
- Knowledge of SWIFT MX and MT payments
- Understanding of MQ and Kafka
- Experience with application monitoring and alerting tools - ELK stack, Dynatrace, Moogsoft, and PagerDuty
- Experience with CI/CD tools - Jenkins, UrbanCode Deploy, and Helios
What’s in it for you?
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
- A comprehensive Total Rewards Program including bonuses and flexible benefits, competitive compensation, commissions, and stock where applicable
- Leaders who support your development through coaching and managing opportunities
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team
- Opportunities to do challenging work
- Opportunities to take on progressively greater accountabilities
- Access to a variety of job opportunities across business and geographies
Inclusion and Equal Opportunity Employment
At RBC, we embrace diversity and inclusion for innovation and growth. We are committed to building inclusive teams and an equitable workplace for our employees to bring their true selves to work. We are taking actions to tackle issues of inequity and systemic bias to support our diverse talent, clients and communities.
We also strive to provide an accessible candidate experience for our prospective employees with different abilities. Please let us know if you need any accommodations during the recruitment process.
Join our Talent Community
Stay in-the-know about great career opportunities at RBC. Sign up and get customized info on our latest jobs, career tips and Recruitment events that matter to you.
Expand your limits and create a new future together at RBC. Find out how we use our passion and drive to enhance the well-being of our clients and communities at rbc.com/careers.