Senior Analyst, Specialized Accounting
City : Toronto, ON, CA, M5H1H1
Category : Customer Service Representative
Industry : Finance
Employer : Scotiabank
Requisition ID: 177574
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture.
The Senior Accounting Analyst is responsible for all assigned tasks of the Forex desk within in FAR Specialized Accounting group. The primary responsibilities include but is not limited to supporting the Bank’s Forex reasonability, funding hedges of the Bank’s foreign investments. This role will also be responsible to performing P&L and Balance Sheet analysis, FX analysis and OCI/AOCI monitoring for the Bank’s branches.
Is this role right for you? In this role, you will:
- Leads and oversees Corporate and Structural positions related to funding hedges, perform the revaluation of the multicurrency spot positions, support FX analysis.
- Prepare settlements with GWO and Group Treasury on the inception and maturity of corporate, structural and executive management positions relating to funding hedges of the Bank’s foreign investments. Control and reconcile the balances of these positions with Group Treasury and Financial Review.
- Prepare and key SmartStream and EGL entries on equity swaps, net investment hedges, other recurring monthly entries
- Support Tax team by preparing and processing the tax entries, including Quarterly Tax package entries
- Revalue the multicurrency spot structural and corporate positions in both EGL and SMS ledger systems and preform the analysis and reasonability on the foreign exchange gain/losses reported monthly.
- Monitor Banks OCI and AOCI balances for branches, perform the annual close OCI to AOCI for Bank’s branches.
- Perform analysis on FARs P&L and balances sheet accounts under balance sheet review process.
- Perform AOCI P998 validation for all Bank’s branches.
- The incumbent is expected to take a lead role in answering queries and providing supporting documentation to audit, providing reporting and analytical support (EGL, OBI, Essbase SmartView), and assisting with the compilation Capital Management and Regulatory Reporting teams.
- Understand how the Bank’s risk appetite and risk culture should be considered in day-to-day activities and decisions.
- Represent FARSA in all FAR projects, ensuring that our accounting and reporting objectives are met or taken care of (in all stages from design to implementation).
- Creates an environment in which his/her team pursues effective and efficient operations of his/her respective areas in accordance with Scotiabank’s Values, its Code of Conduct, and the Global Sales Principles, while ensuring the adequacy, adherence to and effectiveness of day-to-day business controls to meet obligations with respect to operational, compliance, AML/ATF/sanctions and conduct risk.
- Builds a high-performance environment and implements a people strategy that attracts, retains, develops and motivates their team by fostering an inclusive work environment and using a coaching mindset and behaviors; communicating vison/values/business strategy; and, managing succession and development planning for the team.
Do you have the skills that will enable you to succeed in this role? - We'd love to work with you if you have:
- Undergraduate degree in Business, Economics, and/or an Accounting major
- Professional accounting designation is an asset
- Accuracy & Thoroughness
- Analytical Thinking
- Customer focus
- Strong computer skills (Excel, EGL/OBI/Essbase Smartview)
What’s in it for you?
- An inclusive & collaborative working environment that encourages creativity, curiosity, and celebrates success!
- We offer a competitive rewards package: Performance bonus, Employee Share Ownership Program, and Pension Plan Matching, Health Benefits from day one!
- Your career matters! You will have access to career development and progression opportunities.
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.