Senior Analyst Special Loans
City : Calgary, Alberta
Category : Permanent Full-Time
Industry : Risk management
Employer : National Bank
A career as a Senior Analyst in the team of Special Loans at National Bank is to act as a credit expert. This job allows you to have a positive impact on the organization if you want to increase your knowledge in finance structuring, negotiating complex agreements, implementing innovative strategies to support clients in difficulty and understanding the legislative framework for business restructuring and insolvency.
- Act as a credit expert to support Senior Managers who work on complex restructuring files. You will be in charge of preparing and submitting credit applications.
- Actively participate in the various stages of complex transactions: from initial communication with clients to analysis, negotiation, implementation, documentation, renewal and in certain cases, exit strategy for sizeable credit facilities in a variety of industries
- Analyze very complex, sensitive credit facilities, exercising diligence, creativity and agility in order to satisfy clients' needs as well as the Bank's risk management criteria
- Help negotiate terms and conditions with clients, external advisors and Credit.
- Take charge of special projects, as needed, under the supervision of one of the managers of the Special Loans team.
- Help develop/improve portfolio tracking and management systems
- Work with the Quality Control and Internal Audit teams to continually improve our processes.
The Special Loans team acts as a restructuring expert for large commercial accounts in a high-risk situation. The team also manages all files for businesses that are placed under the protection of The Companies' Creditors Arrangement Act (C-36) or that file a notice of intention under the Bankruptcy and Insolvency Act (BIA).
The Special Loans team is also called on to work with the various business lines as part of joint management mandates for companies that are facing financial difficulties but do not require the immediate transfer of their file. The team also works in collaboration with Treasury, National Bank Financial and Commercial Banking, including all specialized financing product teams.
This role that can help you seize multiple opportunities in both risk management and commercial financing as you will be exposed to a full range of industries and business sizes.
This position can be located in Montreal, Toronto or Calgary.
- Completed Bachelor's or Master's degree in a related field and 5-7 years of relevant experience
- Experience in commercial credit
- Strong interpersonal, communication and analytical skills, and ability to influence
- Proficiency in financial analysis
- Ability to understand the different financial and legal issues associated with a restructuring or insolvency situation
- Health and wellness program, including many options
- Flexible group insurance
- Generous pension plan
- Employee Share Ownership Plan
- Employee and Family Assistance Program
- Preferential banking services
- Opportunities to get involved in community initiatives
- Telemedicine service
- Virtual sleep clinic