Senior Analyst, Risk Governance
City : Toronto
Category : Full-time
Industry : Finance
Employer : Sun Life Financial
You are as unique as your background, experience and point of view. Here, you’ll be encouraged, empowered and challenged to be your best self. You'll work with dynamic colleagues - experts in their fields - who are eager to share their knowledge with you. Your leaders will inspire and help you reach your potential and soar to new heights. Every day, you'll have new and exciting opportunities to make life brighter for our Clients - who are at the heart of everything we do. Discover how you can make a difference in the lives of individuals, families and communities around the world.
About the role:
Sun Life Global Investments is the trade name of SLGI Asset Management Inc. and the Sun Life Assurance Company of Canada. SLGI Asset Management Inc. is the manager of the Sun Life Mutual Funds, Sun Life Granite Managed Solutions and Sun Life Private Investment Pools. The Sun Life Assurance Company of Canada is the issuer of guaranteed insurance contracts, annuities and insurance contracts containing Sun Life segregated funds.
The Risk Governance team’s mandate is to help ensure 1st line of defense adherence to compliance and risk policies, including effectiveness of controls relating to all facets of the Sun Life Global Investments business (e.g. sales practices, unitholder policies, investment oversight, renewal of offering documents, administration of the Independent Review Committee).
Reporting to the Director, Risk Governance – Regulatory reporting, some of the core accountabilities of the Senior Analyst, Risk Governance are to assist the team in managing the renewal of offering documents for SLGI and various regulatory projects relating to the implementation of new regulatory requirements and/or enhancing adherence to existing requirements. The Senior Analyst, Risk Governance will also manage the collection of the information required to support SLGI’s reporting to the Independent Review Committee.
The working environment is very dynamic and fast paced, where innovation is highly encouraged, and existing processes are continually being enhanced.
The Senior Analyst, Risk Governance will work very closely with the Director, Risk Governance and Manager, Risk Governance, in addition to frequent collaboration with our Compliance, Legal, Product, Portfolio Management, Corporate Secretary and Finance partners.
What will you do?
- Assist with responsibilities relating to administration of the Independent Review Committee (IRC); such responsibilities will include but not be limited to information/data gathering/follow-ups, as required to prepare the meeting materials
- Responsible to assist the team with managing the annual renewal process of SLGI’s offering documents, such as the Simplified Prospectus, Fund Facts and Annual Information Form for prospectus-exempt funds
- Responsible for records retention and documenting internal reviews of the applicable regulatory documents
- Partner with the various stakeholders to collect relevant information and support or own updates to team’s procedures / training materials or other internal documents
- Assist with various responsibilities relating to Business Continuity Planning
- Provide functional support and assist other team members for various duties, as delegated
- Act as back-up for other team members
What you need to succeed?
- Industry courses are highly desired (Canadian Securities Course, Branch Manager’s Course etc)
- Relevant work experience in the mutual fund industry or transferrable skills
- Highly organized, detailed oriented mindset, strong ability to multi-task and confident handling a diverse range of responsibilities in fast paced environment
- Can-do attitude and adaptable personality with great collaboration skills and genuine desire to work in a high-performing team environment
- Strong MS Office skills – including good grasp of Excel/ PowerPoint
- Honest, ethical and trustworthy attitude
- Good knowledge of National Instruments 31-103, 81-101, 81-107, and the Ontario Securities Act is an asset
- Bilingualism (French knowledge) is an asset but not required
- The ideal candidate possesses a legal and/or compliance background and/or experience in a controls function in a mutual fund firm
- Pro-active and self-motivated team player that has the ability to effectively prioritize
- Strong time management, written and verbal communication skills
What’s in it for you:
- Comprehensive training and development programs from the start of employment and ongoing that set you up for success
- An environment of continuous learning mixing both formal training as well as progressive independent challenges
- Career progression opportunities within Underwriting and a variety of other career paths within Sun Life
- A supportive and interactive team environment
The Base Pay range is for the primary location for which the job is posted. It may vary depending on the work location of the successful candidate or other factors. In addition to Base Pay, eligible Sun Life employees participate in various incentive plans, payment under which is discretionary and subject to individual and company performance. Certain sales focused roles have sales incentive plans based on individual or group sales results.
Diversity and inclusion have always been at the core of our values at Sun Life. A diverse workforce with wide perspectives and creative ideas benefits our clients, the communities where we operate and all of us as colleagues. We welcome applications from qualified individuals from all backgrounds.
Persons with disabilities who need accommodation in the application process or those needing job postings in an alternative format may e-mail a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
At Sun Life we strive to create a flexible work environment where our employees are empowered to do their best work. Several flexible work options are available and can be discussed throughout the selection process depending on the role requirements and individual needs.
We thank all applicants for showing an interest in this position. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Salary Range:50,100/50 100 - 81,900/81 900
Posting End Date:21/08/2022