Senior Analyst, Internal Controls
City : Houston, TX, US, 77002
Category : Business and Financial Operations
Industry : Finance
Employer : Scotiabank
Requisition ID: 170722
Salary Range: 64,800.00 - 120,400.00
Please note that the Salary Range shown is a guideline only. Salary offered may vary based on factors, including, but not limited to, the successful candidate’s relevant knowledge, skills, and experience.
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture.
Scotiabank is currently seeking a Senior Analyst, Internal Controls to join our growing team! this role contributes to the overall success of the Finance Operational Risk Assurance ensuring specific individual goals, plans, initiatives are executed / delivered in support of the team’s business strategies and objectives. Ensures all activities conducted are in compliance with governing regulations, internal policies and guidelines. This role will have interactions with a broad range of professionals in U.S. Finance and stakeholders and will be expected to influence and educate them on source documentation requirements, process improvement and internal controls. If you would like to be apart of a passionate and dynamic team, apply today!
Is this role right for you? You will be responsible for:
- Champions a customer focused culture to deepen client relationships and leverage broader Bank relationships, systems and knowledge.
- Responsible for execution of strategies and testing plans to verify the adequacy of controls over regulatory reporting; validation to source documents; and ensuring compliance to regulatory reporting instructions, primarily relating to Federal Reserve Bank of New York (FRBNY).
- Responsible for execution of strategies and testing plans to verify the adequacy of internal controls over financial reporting.
- Responsible for reviewing outstanding issues relating to source validation, reporting and controls, performing analysis to identify themes, determining the root cause of the weakness and preparing reports to communicate the test findings.
- Understand how the Bank’s risk appetite and risk culture should be considered in day-to-day activities and decisions.
- Actively pursues effective and efficient operations of his/her respective areas in accordance with Scotiabank’s Values, its Code of Conduct and the Global Sales Principles, while ensuring the adequacy, adherence to and effectiveness of day-to-day business controls to meet obligations with respect to operational, compliance, AML/ATF/sanctions and conduct risk.
- Champions a high performance environment and contributes to an inclusive work environment.
Do you have the skills you need to succeed? We'd love to work with you, if you have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance with good knowledge of technology
- Minimum 3 years of relevant experience in Internal Audit / Regulatory Reporting / Internal Controls testing of regulatory reporting of financial institutions.
- CPA or other relevant professional designations.
- Attention to detail and strong organization and analytical skills.
- Demonstrated ability to learn and succeed in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work both independently, with little supervision and within a team environment.
- The role requires knowledge of regulatory and financial reporting including an awareness of emerging regulatory requirements impacting changes to available data. Specific knowledge of Federal Reserve regulatory reporting for foreign banking organizations (such as FFIEC 002, FRY-15), bank holding companies banks.
- Solid understanding of overall banking business and products especially oriented to Capital Market sectors.
- This position is highly complex requiring a results-oriented individual who has a high degree of understanding of banking businesses, internal controls / audit disciplines, knowledge of regulatory and financial reporting, balanced by an intrinsic understanding of the business lines. Must be able to understand business processes, evaluate the system of internal controls and support the integrity of regulatory and financial reporting on target, on time, and on budget.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills in the context of a finance department of a banking organization with a product mix of securities, loans and derivatives.
- Excellent people skills are required in order to influence department and external stakeholders and to deliver results under tight deadlines and multiple priorities.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills are essential to effectively drive change across culturally diverse workforce. Excellent English written and verbal communication skills are also necessary.
- Strong understanding of internal controls.
- Sound understanding of computer applications, work flows, control design policies and procedures.
- Strong understanding of regulatory and compliance policies and procedures.
- Must have extremely strong interpersonal skills – collaboration across multiple business and technology functions, relationship building and consensus building.
- Effective listener and communicator, verbally and in writing.
Location(s): United States : Texas : Houston
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.