Senior Analyst, Internal Controls, Third Party Risk
City : New York City, NY, US, 10281
Category : Business and Financial Operations
Industry : Finance
Employer : Scotiabank
Requisition ID: 175674
Salary Range: 64,800.00 - 120,400.00
Please note that the Salary Range shown is a guideline only. Salary offered may vary based on factors, including, but not limited to, the successful candidate’s relevant knowledge, skills, and experience.
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture.
Scotiabank is currently seeking a Senior Analyst, Internal Controls – Third Party Risk, to join our growing team! The Senior Analyst Contributes to the overall success of Internal Controls and Third Party Risk within the United States ensuring specific individual goals, plans, and initiatives are executed / delivered in support of the business’s strategies and objectives. Provides support and serves as a subject matter expert in Third Party Risk. If you would like to join a growing and dynamic team, apply today!
Is this role right for you? You will be responsible for:
- Exceling in a customer focused culture to deepen client relationships and leverage broader Bank relationships, systems and knowledge.
- Partnering with business units, operations, technology, risk management and other stakeholders to understand the business environment, evolving business priorities, and obtain key data and information.
- Maintaining an ongoing business relationship with third party vendors.
- Assisting in providing effective oversight and governance of our third-party relationships and all aspects of the vendor & service management lifecycle:
- Third party service due diligence & risk assessments
- Reviewing contracts/agreements.
- Ongoing performance monitoring.
- Incident and issues management, including reporting.
- Onboarding, off boarding and Contract Renewal support for third-party vendors.
- Leading various projects and other duties that may be assigned.
- Maintaining a high level of awareness of related changes and developments in Third Party Risk through the review of publications, seminars, employee training, etc., and develop and enhance policies, procedures and internal controls.
- Understanding how the Bank’s risk appetite and risk culture should be considered in day-to-day activities and decisions.
- Actively pursuing effective and efficient operations of his/her respective areas, while ensuring the adequacy, adherence to and effectiveness of day-to-day business controls to meet obligations.
Do you have the skills you need to succeed? We'd love to work with you, if you have:
- 2+ years’ experience in Third Party Risk or a related field
- Very good project management skills
- High attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to write procedures and train others on Firm processes
Location(s): United States : New York : New York City
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.