Senior Analyst, Group Annuity Operations
City : MISSISSAUGA, Ontario, Canada
Category : Technology | Analytics | Research
Industry : Financial/Banking
Employer : RBC
Come Work with Us!
At RBC, our culture is deeply supportive and rich in opportunity and reward. You will help our clients thrive and our communities prosper, empowered by a spirit of shared purpose.
Whether you’re helping clients find new opportunities, developing new technology, or providing expert advice to internal partners, you will be doing work that matters in the world, in an environment built on teamwork, service, responsibility, diversity, and integrity.
What is the opportunity?
As a Senior Analyst, Group Annuity Operations, you will be responsible for supporting the management of the Group Annuity business and assisting with onboarding new deals, the development of new technology initiatives, and providing actuarial support to the operations team with various tasks in the ongoing management of the business.
What will you do?
- Provide support for the pricing and operations team for implementation meetings and management of timelines
- Assist in the review of annuity data in the administration system
- Key support in testing and validation of annuity administration system upgrades
- Development of documentation of processes
- Lead system training and BAU system questions
- Review group annuity data and assist in ensuring good data entry practices
- Support pension retirement calculations and BAU administration work
- Assist in the development of templates and drafting of communication documents, as needed
- Help resolve complex pension administration questions from RBC Insurance call center
- Look for opportunities to create efficiencies in monthly processes
What do you need to succeed?
- Minimum 5 years of pension administration or consulting experience
- Bachelor’s degree (or above) majoring in Actuarial Science. Other relevant Majors (e.g. Business, Economics, Mathematics, or Statistics) are acceptable if accompanied with demonstrated knowledge of Actuarial concepts
- Strong data background
- Strong project management skills and data background
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills, with the ability to be an innovative thinker and understand the "big picture"
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely with both technical and non-technical audience
- Experience with system migration is an asset
- Experience in the life insurance industry is an asset
- 3 actuarial exams is an asset
What’s in it for you?
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
• A comprehensive Total Rewards Program including bonuses and flexible benefits, competitive compensation, commissions, and stock where applicable
• Flexible work/life balance options
• Leaders who support your development through coaching and managing opportunities
• Ability to make a difference and lasting impact
• Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team
• A world-class training program in financial services
• Sophisticated RBCI software tools to boost your productivity
Inclusion and Equal Opportunity Employment
At RBC, we embrace diversity and inclusion for innovation and growth. We are committed to building inclusive teams and an equitable workplace for our employees to bring their true selves to work. We are taking actions to tackle issues of inequity and systemic bias to support our diverse talent, clients and communities.
We also strive to provide an accessible candidate experience for our prospective employees with different abilities. Please let us know if you need any accommodations during the recruitment process.
Join our Talent Community
Stay in-the-know about great career opportunities at RBC. Sign up and get customized info on our latest jobs, career tips and Recruitment events that matter to you.
Expand your limits and create a new future together at RBC. Find out how we use our passion and drive to enhance the well-being of our clients and communities at rbc.com/careers.