Senior Analyst, First Line Testing- US Internal Control
City : New York City, NY, US, 10281
Category : Business and Financial Operations
Industry : Finance
Employer : Scotiabank
Requisition ID: 178783
Salary Range: 64,800.00 - 120,400.00
Please note that the Salary Range shown is a guideline only. Salary offered may vary based on factors, including, but not limited to, the successful candidate’s relevant knowledge, skills, and experience.
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture.
Scotiabank is currently seeking a Senior Analyst, US Internal Control – First Line Testing to join our growing team! This role assists in the execution of testing key controls and assess their adequacy to effectively manage operational risks of the respective Global Banking & Markets (“GBM”) business lines (Line 1A in the three lines of defense model for managing non-financial risks) and thereby contributing to the overall success of the first line of defense in managing non-financial risks inherent in the businesses. If you are looking to join a passionate and dynamic team, apply today!
Is this role right for you? You will be responsible for:
- Assist in the execution of GBM first line test program for the periodic testing of key controls to assess their design and operating effectiveness in managing operational risks in the respective GBM business lines.
- Assist stakeholders in identifying and addressing underlying causes of control breakdowns or instances where controls are inadequate.
- Escalate potential issues and exception items noted during the review process to senior management.
- Assist with the follow-up of open issues identified from the first line testing and ensure recommended corrective actions have been remediated.
- Assist with the maintenance of Issues Tracking Database for the U.S. First Line testing and with providing summary updates to GBM Management at least quarterly basis.
- Maintain regular communication with GBM Compliance to determine changes to regulatory rules and understand their impact on various GBM business units.
- Assist in updating and documenting key controls recorded in iRCM (Enterprise Regulatory Compliance Management) system to reflect impact of internal audit findings, regulatory findings, compliance testing results and any other self-identified issues.
- Assist in the maintenance and updates of key controls inventory for GBM business lines (1st Line).
- Support the applicable Business Lines by responding to or redirecting questions about internal control matters.
- Other duties and projects as assigned.
Do you have the skills you need to succeed? We'd love to work with you, if you have:
- At least 3 years of experience in a testing (Internal Audit, Compliance) and/ or operational risk management role in a Financial Services Firm or Consulting Firm.
- Good understanding of financial markets, products and control functions.
- Familiarity with internal controls.
- Strong written and verbal communications.
- Self-motivated and experience in working on complex projects.
Location(s): United States : New York : New York City
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.