Senior Analyst, Financial Planning and Analysis
City : Toronto, ON, CA, M5C2W1
Category : Customer Service Representative
Industry : Finance
Employer : Scotiabank
Requisition ID: 177722
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture.
- Department: Canadian Banking Finance
- Business Line: Retail Payments and Unsecured Lending Finance, Retail Banking Finance
Reporting to the Senior Manager of Finance, the successful candidate is extremely curious, and action oriented with a supernatural ability to drive results in a highly collaborative manner. The successful candidate will be accountable for many of the team’s financial and management reporting deliverables and work closely with teammates and business partners to provide transparent communication of financial insights and analysis. In fostering strong relationships with business partners, the Sr. Analyst will focus on fully understanding business drivers and the underlying financial results, while relentlessly pursuing value generating insights.
Is this role right for you? In this role, you will:
- Strong Business Partner, support the delivery of several of the teams financial and management reports to key stakeholders including month-end and quarter-end reporting packs, Monthly P&L and Key Drivers
- Review financial data and analyze to ensure accuracy and completeness of deliverables and understand the impacts of relevant performance metrics to the business
- Leverage Financial and Analytics (MIS) data to provide financial insights through Financial Reporting & Analysis
- Support team with the analysis of Credit Card portfolio/Balance Sheet, Net Interest Income and Margin, Non -Interest Revenue, PCL, Expenses and key performance metrics
- Prepare and present monthly financial dashboards for Business Unit Reviews and Management Reporting packages for Credit Cards and Finance Senior Leadership
- Ad-hoc analysis providing value-add insights to business line partners, finance and other key stakeholders
- Proactively identify opportunities for reporting improvements and implement
- Process Improvement – Leverage digital solutions to seek ways to enhance reporting processes which can include, streamlining of operational processes, enhancement to analytical capabilities and reduction in operational risk
- Expert user of financial reporting, planning and forecasting systems and tools, including EGL/OBI/Smartview and Hyperion
- Internal Process Control – Maintain an effective system of internal controls over reporting processes to ensure data accuracy and integrity is at its highest level
- Documentation – Create detailed job-aids, training materials, desktop procedures and documentation of the current reporting processes
- Strategic Project Analysis including revenue opportunities, strategic transactions, new product/program offerings, amongst many other initiatives
Do you have the skills that will enable you to succeed in this role? - We'd love to work with you if you have:
- A solid understanding of financial and management reporting principles
- Strong problem solving, quantitative and analytical skills; attention to details; ability to analyze business results and identify issues and trends
- Ability to work effectively and achieve results in a matrix organization
- Ability to work as part of a team and independently
- Strong interpersonal, communication, and organizational skills a must
- Strong data management and modelling skills; ability to build financial models and dashboards
- Excellent communication skills and ability to communicate findings/analysis and present ideas in a clear and concise manner
- Ability to multi-task, work independently and deliver high-quality results under very tight deadlines; continuously assess priorities and business requirements, and balance between regular deliverables and priority Executive requests
- Demonstrated leadership skills and stewardship capabilities in a complex and changing environment
- Understanding of banking financial statements, profitability drivers within Canadian Banking, including knowledge of Retail lending products
- An understanding of portfolio management and drivers of Net Interest Income (NII) and Margin (NIM), Non-Interest Revenue (NIR), including Product Pricing/Yields, Funds Transfer Pricing methodologies and balance sheet mix and capital management concepts considered an asset
- Post-secondary degree in Finance, Accounting, Mathematics, Economics or related field
- MBA, CFA, or CPA preferred
- Minimum 2 to 4 years FP&A experience
- Advanced skills with Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and Think-cell
- Knowledge of the Bank’s source and reporting systems an asset (i.e., OBI, Hyperion, Smartview)
What’s in it for you?
- An inclusive & collaborative working environment that encourages creativity, curiosity, and celebrates success!
- We offer a competitive rewards package: Performance bonus, Employee Share Ownership Program, and Pension Plan Matching, Health Benefits from day one!
- Your career matters! You will have access to career development and progression opportunities.
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.