Senior Analyst, Financial Accounting and Disclosure
City : Montreal
Category : Full Time
Industry : Financial Services
Employer : Laurentian Bank
Seeing beyond numbers™
At Laurentian Bank, we believe we can change banking for the better. Founded in Montreal in 1846, Laurentian Bank helps families, businesses and communities thrive. Today, we have over 3,000 employees working together as One Team, to provide a broad range of financial services and advice-based solutions for customers across Canada and the United States. We drive results by placing our customers first, making the better choice, acting courageously, and believing everyone belongs.This role sits within Laurentian Bank.
Reporting to the Senior Manager, Financial Accounting and Reporting, you will contribute to the reporting of the Bank's financial information as a listed entity. Bring your agile and innovative mindset and your expertise in complex accounting and financial reports to support the Bank in the simplification of its operations processes and the execution of its renewed strategic direction.
- Contribute to the preparation and publication of the Bank's financial information, including quarterly and annual consolidated financial statements, Management's Discussion & Analysis and other external financial communications.
- Propose and implement initiatives to standardize, simplify and automate financial reporting processes and systems.
- Prepare the analysis and documentation of complex financial accounting matters relating to financial instruments, financing structures, goodwill and intangible assets or other matters, to ensure they are accounted for appropriately and timely
- Conduct benchmarking analyses of the Bank's financial information and present conclusions and recommendations based on the elements noted.
- Participate in monitoring modifications to IFRS and guidance issued by regulatory authorities (including the Autorité des marchés financiers, and the Office of the Superintendent of Financial Institutions).
- Collaborate with external auditors during the audit process.
- Perform all tasks of a similar or general nature requested by his/her superior or required for the position.
- CPA designation
- Minimum of four to six years of relevant working experience in audit, accounting and accounting standards (IFRS)
- Expertise related to banking activities and financial instruments, an asset
Competencies and Aptitudes
- Ability to work in a dynamic environment, to manage various projects simultaneously and to question the way things are done
- Leadership and team spirit,
- Autonomy and efficiency
- Ability to interact with people at all levels of the organization, including management
- Bilingual* (French and English), written and spoken
Professional working proficiency in French and English languages required as position involves frequent written and oral communication on complex matters with internal and external parties in both languages.”
Additional Information :
Inclusion and Accessibility
At Laurentian Bank, we believe everyone belongs. We are committed to fostering an inclusive work environment that reflects the diversity of our customers and our communities and where everyone feels like they belong and can thrive. To this end, we encourage applications from individuals from equity-deserving groups, including Indigenous persons, racialized and persons with disabilities, marginalized genders and the 2SLGBTQIA+ community.
We strive to offer a flexible and accessible work experience that is inclusive of everyone. If at any time you need an accommodation, please let us know.
We may collect, use or disclose your personal information for the purpose of establishing an employment relationship with you.