Senior Analyst, Finance Business Partner Support
City : Toronto
Category : Finance
Industry : Finance
Employer : KPMG
At KPMG, you’ll join a team of diverse and dedicated problem solvers, connected by a common cause: turning insight into opportunity for clients and communities around the world.
Global Finance delivers most ongoing finance activities from outsourced providers. The KPMG resources in Global Finance are focused on providing value added activities which can only be delivered from within the firm.
Global Finance is responsible for managing all financial budgeting and reporting for KPMG International and its subsidiaries. This includes the following:
- Levy and collection – issue levy and recharge to member firms, collections and reporting
- Payable and disbursements – invoice processing, approval and payments for over 50+ significant functions
- Management and financial reporting – interim and annual audited financial statements; actual versus budget monitoring and reporting; loans and investments summary; capitalization and maintenance of capital asset register
- Direct and indirect taxes – to ensure complex compliance with several foreign reporting tax jurisdictions; prepare corporate tax filings for filings in various countries
- Treasury functions – weekly and monthly cash flow projections; manage the initiation and maturity of currency hedges
Reporting to the Global Finance Business Partner (Senior Manager) responsible for pooled resources, this role will assist in the support of the global finance teams. The candidate will work across functional areas and will coordinate with more than one Finance Business Partner and Central Finance.
This is an entry level role with guidance from the management team in achieving objectives of the Finance Business Partner group, by providing key analysis and coordination of processes to ensure effectiveness and efficiency of finance activities.
The contributions and inputs from this role, will assist in the production of financial reports, completion of accounting activities, monitoring and processing of transactions, invoices and recharges.
What you will do
- Assist with budgeting, forecasting and month end financial close
- Prepare reports
- Monitor and analyse transactions, highlighting exceptions and escalating them as appropriate
- Analysis and allocation of salary and associated costs
- Coordinate invoice payment processes and help to resolve issues
- Execution of recharges and reallocations as required
- Provide analytical and data sourcing support for the annual budgeting process
- Assist with the determination, analysis and warehousing of salary and headcount data
- Provide ad hoc support;
What you bring to the role
- Degree in Accounting, Finance, Commerce or Business Administration
- Preference for someone pursuing professional accounting designation
- 2 years of Accounting experience in a similar role in a similar sized organization preferably within a Big 4 accounting firm; Systems savvy: SAP S4 HANA, TM1/Cognos,
- Experience managing large volumes of data
- The ability to analyse financial data and prepare financial or business reports and projections.
- Strong Excel skills, with the ability to compile and analyse large volumes of data in an efficient manner.
- Ability to work with remote, geographically diverse teams on a daily basis.
- Ability to use own initiative to identify practical solutions to resolve issues that arise.
- Proven communication and relationship building skills with the ability to present financial and non-financial information in a clear and effective manner.
- A “self-starter” – ability to work independently on a daily basis with minimum supervision.
Keys to your success
KPMG individuals Deliver Impact | Seek Growth | Inspire Trust and understand that a diverse workforce enables us to deepen relationships and strengthen our business.
Providing you with the support you need to be at your best
For more information about KPMG in Canada’s Benefits and well-being, click here.
Our Values, The KPMG Way
Integrity, we do what is right | Excellence, we never stop learning and improving | Courage, we think and act boldly | Together, we respect each other and draw strength from our differences | For Better, we do what matters
KPMG in Canada is a proud equal opportunities employer and we are committed to creating a respectful, inclusive and barrier-free workplace that allows all of our people to reach their full potential. A diverse workforce is key to our success and we believe in bringing your whole self to work. We welcome all qualified candidates to apply and hope you will choose KPMG in Canada as your employer of choice. For more information about Inclusion, Diversity & Equity in Recruitment, please click here.
If you have a question about accessible employment at KPMG, or to begin a confidential conversation about your individual accessibility or accommodation needs through the recruitment process, we encourage you to visit our accessibility page.