Senior Analyst, Business Intelligence
City : Brampton, Ontario
Category : Full time
Industry : Technology
Employer : Shoppers Drug Mart®
Referred applicants should not apply directly to this role.
All referred applicants must first be submitted through Workday by a current Loblaw Colleague.
Come make your difference in communities across Canada, where authenticity, trust and making connections is valued – as we shape the future of Canadian retail, together. Our unique position as one of the country's largest employers, coupled with our commitment to positively impact the lives of all Canadians, provides our colleagues a range of opportunities and experiences to help Canadians Live Life Well®.
At Loblaw Companies Limited, we succeed through collaboration and commitment and set a high bar for ourselves and those around us. Whether you are just starting your career, re-entering the workforce, or looking for a new job, this is where you belong.
Does working with some of Canada’s most versatile minds in innovation supporting retail, digital consumer solutions and analytical platforms excite you? Loblaw Technology & Analytics powers game-changing retail solutions, giving our customers the ability to live their lives well.
Come work with a team that values diverse ideas, prioritizes a culture of inclusion and develops our talent from within. Loblaw Technology & Analytics gives you the chance to excel and helps you to strive for success in a big way. Keep reading to learn more!
Sr. Business Intelligence Analyst, Brampton, ON
Business Intelligence Analyst will be in charge of connecting the dots between Business Users and Data Management to develop and deliver BI Assets as part of the agile development life cycle. We are looking for talents with advanced BI knowledge who can build Analytics applications following high-quality standards and allowing end-users to use data to improve business performance. As Sr. BI Analyst you will be a valuable member of the Analytics, Insights and Visualization Center of Excellence, responsible for delivering end-to-end projects. #LI-Hybrid
What You’ll Do:
- Understand, discuss, and design Data Applications in close collaboration with business users to produce requirements documentation
- Work cross-functionally with Data Management, DBAs, onshore and offshore developers to deliver impactful BI applications
- Work on multiple projects simultaneously whilst demonstrating high standards in delivering Business Intelligence and Analytical solutions (MicroStrategy and Power BI) with a client-service focus.
- Build BI Data Model (Flatten, Star, and Snowflake), evaluate SQL statements, and validate data sources in collaboration with ETL/ELT team to implement user centric applications
- Design, architect, and develop MicroStrategy, Power BI and Looker solutions to fulfill and extrapolate business expectations
- Actively participate on Agile ceremonies: Daily Stand-Ups, Sprint Planning, Retrospective, and Grooming sessions to team up and communicate project progress
What you Bring:
- Good interpersonal relationship, problem solving, communication, and verbal skills
- Data Modeling applied experience with SQL and NoSQL databases (Teradata and Google Big Query preferred)
- Hands on experience in MicroStrategy Development (required), Power BI & Looker (nice to have)
- Ability to build, evaluate, and improve SQL queries
- Experience applying SDLC best practices in a challenging environment with demonstrated ability to quickly decipher, analyze, translate, and prototype Business Intelligence and Analytical solutions in Agile sprints. Experience in Agile, Scrum, and Agile tools (Confluence and Jira preferred)
- Experience with other data visualization tools and cloud technologies (Google Cloud, Azure) is a plus.
What Loblaw Offers You
We offer flexibility and balance, and an environment that sets you up for success no matter where your workspace is located.
Here, you will find a phenomenal team to help you achieve your goals as you help us achieve ours! Work in our fast-paced, exciting Technology environment, helping our stores, colleagues and customers every day.
Loblaw colleagues also enjoy:
- Work Perks Program
- On-site GoodLife Fitness, Basketball & Volleyball courts, Ice Rink, Groceries delivered to work via PC Express, Dry Cleaning services (1PCC Office)
- Tuition Reimbursement & Online Learning
- Pension & Benefits
- Paid Vacation
If you’re up to the challenge, then we would love to hear from you. Apply today, and get the process started.
At Loblaw, we respect the environment, source products with integrity and make a positive difference in the community. Our CORE Values – Care, Ownership, Respect and Excellence – guide all our decision-making and come to life through our Blue Culture. We offer our colleagues progressive careers, comprehensive training, flexibility, and other competitive benefits – these are some of the many reasons why we are one of Canada’s Top Employers.
Loblaw recognizes Canada's diversity as a source of national pride and strength. We have made it a priority to reflect our nation’s evolving diversity in the products we sell, the people we hire, and the culture we create in our organization. At Loblaw, we celebrate diversity where differences are valued and supported. Commitment to being an equal opportunity employer is a priority to us, and we encourage people from all backgrounds and identities to apply to our jobs.
Accommodation in the recruitment, assessment, and hiring process is available upon request for applicants with disabilities.
We thank all candidates for their interest but please note, those candidates who meet the minimum requirements for the position will be contacted.
Our commitment to Sustainability and Social Impact is an essential part of the way we do business, and we focus our attention on areas where we can have the greatest impact. Our approach to sustainability and social impact is based on three pillars – Environment, Sourcing and Community – and we are constantly looking for ways to demonstrate leadership in these important areas. Our CORE Values – Care, Ownership, Respect and Excellence – guide all our decision-making and come to life through our Blue Culture. We offer our colleagues progressive careers, comprehensive training, flexibility, and other competitive benefits – these are some of the many reasons why we are one of Canada’s Top Employers, Canada’s Best Diversity Employers, Canada’s Greenest Employers & Canada’s Top Employers for Young People.
If you are unsure whether your experience matches every requirement above, we encourage you to apply anyway. We are looking for varied perspectives which include diverse experiences that we can add to our team.
We have a long-standing focus on diversity, equity and inclusion because we know it will make our company a better place to work and shop. We are committed to creating accessible environments for our colleagues, candidates and customers. Requests for accommodation due to a disability (which may be visible or invisible, temporary or permanent) can be made at any stage of application and employment. We encourage candidates to make their accommodation needs known so that we can provide equitable opportunities.
Candidates who are 18 years or older are required to complete a criminal background check. Details will be provided through the application process.