Senior Analyst, Analytical and Data Platforms
City : Brampton, Ontario
Category : Full time
Industry : Technology
Employer : Shoppers Drug Mart®
Referred applicants should not apply directly to this role.
All referred applicants must first be submitted through Workday by a current Loblaw Colleague.
Come make your difference in communities across Canada, where authenticity, trust and making connections is valued – as we shape the future of Canadian retail, together. Our unique position as one of the country's largest employers, coupled with our commitment to positively impact the lives of all Canadians, provides our colleagues a range of opportunities and experiences to help Canadians Live Life Well®.
At Loblaw Companies Limited, we succeed through collaboration and commitment and set a high bar for ourselves and those around us. Whether you are just starting your career, re-entering the workforce, or looking for a new job, this is where you belong.
Does working with some of Canada’s most versatile minds in innovation supporting retail, digital consumer solutions and analytical platforms excite you? Loblaw Technology & Analytics powers game-changing retail solutions, giving our customers the ability to live their lives well.
Come work with a team that values diverse ideas, prioritizes a culture of inclusion and develops our talent from within. Loblaw Technology & Analytics gives you the chance to excel and helps you to strive for success in a big way. Keep reading to learn more! #LI-Hybrid
Senior Analyst, Analytical and Data Platforms, Brampton, ON
Enterprise Governance Platforms is a growing field. As a Sr Analyst, you will have the opportunity to learn Informatica, OpenText, IBM and other relevant data management technologies. You'll be trained in standard methodologies and given the opportunity to apply those skills on the job.
What You'll Do
- Act as a lead developer across our content management platforms. Key skills to include Python, Java, and SQL.
- As part of a team, you will engage and lead initiatives with multiple business and technology partners. Functional areas could include records managements, privacy and legal, banking, ERP, and product development.
- You will provide advisory and functional knowledge to our stakeholders on content management capabilities.
- Provide input in setting the direction for enterprise data strategies in support of delivering our business priorities.
- Enable application migration and decommissioning through database and content archiving
What You Bring
- Enthusiastic in the pursuit of learning, continuous enhancement of solutions, processes, skills, and teamwork.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to articulate and resolve issues.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, constantly evolving environment by being organized, driven, and a proven multi-tasker.
- Knowledge or experience working with Cloud Data Platforms and applications such as Google Cloud Storage, Big Query and SaaS platforms (OpenText, IBM Optim, Informatica).
- Experience in managing different types of content (PII, PHI, Structure, Unstructured)
What Loblaw Offers You
We offer flexibility and balance, and an environment that sets you up for success no matter where your workspace is located.
Here, you will find an excellent team to help you achieve your goals as you help us achieve ours! Work in our fast-paced, exciting Technology environment, helping our stores, colleagues and customers every day.
Loblaw colleagues also enjoy:
- Work Perks Program
- On-site GoodLife Fitness, Basketball & Volleyball courts, Ice Rink, Groceries delivered to work via PC Express, Dry Cleaning services (1PCC Office)
- Tuition Reimbursement & Online Learning
- Pension & Benefits
- Paid Vacation
If you’re up to the challenge, then we would love to hear from you. Apply today, and get the process started.
At Loblaw, we respect the environment, source products with integrity and make a positive difference in the community. Our CORE Values – Care, Ownership, Respect and Excellence – guide all our decision-making and come to life through our Blue Culture. We offer our colleagues progressive careers, comprehensive training, flexibility, and other competitive benefits – these are some of the many reasons why we are one of Canada’s Top Employers.
Loblaw recognizes Canada's diversity as a source of national pride and strength. We have made it a priority to reflect our nation’s evolving diversity in the products we sell, the people we hire, and the culture we create in our organization. At Loblaw, we celebrate diversity where differences are valued and supported. Commitment to being an equal opportunity employer is a priority to us, and we encourage people from all backgrounds and identities to apply to our jobs.
Accommodation in the recruitment, assessment, and hiring process is available upon request for applicants with disabilities.
We thank all candidates for their interest but please note, those candidates who meet the minimum requirements for the position will be contacted.
Our commitment to Sustainability and Social Impact is an essential part of the way we do business, and we focus our attention on areas where we can have the greatest impact. Our approach to sustainability and social impact is based on three pillars – Environment, Sourcing and Community – and we are constantly looking for ways to demonstrate leadership in these important areas. Our CORE Values – Care, Ownership, Respect and Excellence – guide all our decision-making and come to life through our Blue Culture. We offer our colleagues progressive careers, comprehensive training, flexibility, and other competitive benefits – these are some of the many reasons why we are one of Canada’s Top Employers, Canada’s Best Diversity Employers, Canada’s Greenest Employers & Canada’s Top Employers for Young People.
If you are unsure whether your experience matches every requirement above, we encourage you to apply anyway. We are looking for varied perspectives which include diverse experiences that we can add to our team.
We have a long-standing focus on diversity, equity and inclusion because we know it will make our company a better place to work and shop. We are committed to creating accessible environments for our colleagues, candidates and customers. Requests for accommodation due to a disability (which may be visible or invisible, temporary or permanent) can be made at any stage of application and employment. We encourage candidates to make their accommodation needs known so that we can provide equitable opportunities.
Candidates who are 18 years or older are required to complete a criminal background check. Details will be provided through the application process.