Senior AI Engineer– Gears of War – The Coalition
City : Vancouver
Category : See Posting
Industry : Technology
Employer : Microsoft
The Coalition is a Microsoft first-party development studio located in Vancouver, Canada. We are the official home of the Gears of War franchise, and our objective is to forge the future of the IP and push the limits of Microsoft’s entertainment platforms and devices. Our team is comprised of deep creative and technical talent from across our industry and beyond, working cohesively to delight our fan base and pass expectations of what is possible.
As a studio, we lead from our values and work together to promote respect and inclusion, a growth mindset, G.R.I.T (Guts, Resourcefulness, Initiative & Tenacity), all while putting our team first! Join us and let’s go far together!
We have great opportunities at The Coalition Studio for a Senior AI Engineer to deliver innovative AI in our games. If you are passionate about playing games, making games, and solving hard problems, we encourage you to apply.
- Drive multiple complex feature areas from end-to-end
- Collaborate with content creators to design, implement, and maintain AI features
- Work inside of Unreal Engine using a combination of C++, Blueprints and custom tools
- Produce well-engineered, reliable, and maintainable code
- Optimize and debug both code and content across the game as needed
- Participate in code reviews with the engineering team on all new code
- Create documentation and functional tests for features
- Minimum of 1 shipped AAA game
- Minimum of 5 years working in the video game industry
- You are comfortable owning and driving complex features across multiple teams
- You are customer obsessed and have a desire to provide the best experience to our content creators and our players
- You are proficient in C++
- You have experience working in a large code-base
- You understand the data structures, algorithms, and mathematics commonly used in gameplay and computer animation
- You possess excellent communication skills and are excited to work closely with designers and content creators
- You have deep knowledge of one or more core technical AI areas – PVP Bot Behaviors, creating believable AI companions, and systemic AI in a variety of spaces
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.